Error when trying to update port 8083

Hi All,

I just did a clean installation via Google & Ubuntu configuration following these youtube tuts. I am also using cloudflare. Which typicallly these tutorials have worked and been amazing.

ideaspot.com.au/blog/cloudflare-hestia-setup/

However for some reason it is giving me an error when I want to change port. To those asking why i need to change it. Cloudflare doesn’t allow port 8083 and prefer 2083. Anyway, the code i entered is below.

“v-change-sys-port 2083”

The error is saying. “Command not found”

I have opened the ports on Google Cloud (Firewall) and done everything else perfectly in the tutorial.

Apparently it is using Nginx if that helps. Has anyone else experienced this, if so any ideas what you did?

When I enter ls too, it doesnt show any folder. even if i go to root levels.

I would love to access the hestia portal. :slight_smile:

You should be able to see a way forward in this reply.

Unfortunately no dice :frowning:

I used the following command
“sudo /usr/local/hestia/bin/v-change-sys-port 2083”

Here was the output.
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-change-sys-port: line 19: /etc/hestiacp/hestia.conf: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-change-sys-port: line 21: /func/main.sh: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-change-sys-port: line 23: source_conf: command not found
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-change-sys-port: line 47: check_args: command not found
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-change-sys-port: line 51: check_hestia_demo_mode: command not found
cat: /nginx/conf/nginx.conf: No such file or directory
cat: /nginx/conf/nginx.conf: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-change-sys-port: line 67: /v-change-sys-config-value: No such file or directory
sed: can’t read /nginx/conf/nginx.conf: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-change-sys-port: line 92: /v-restart-service: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-change-sys-port: line 101: /v-log-action: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-change-sys-port: line 105: log_event: command not found

But I found a solution. Try it again. haha. Thanks anyway.

Note to everyone using this tutorial above. I think it has to do with the fact that all other times i installed i used the Repo on Hestia’s site. This time i used his repo. I think its an old Repo. So errors probably exist. :slight_smile: also looks like you can add the port in on install so do that.

Thanks OP xox.

1 Like