Exim error message with Clamav, after upgrading hestia to version 1.4.10

Hi guys, since the last update of hestia, I’m getting this message to my email every night, from what I’ve been investigating it seems to be an exim error message with clamav, but it does not make much sense because the update in theory should not touch the configuration, I can only think that clamav has been updated or something like that.

Do you know if it can be fixed with a configuration file from another hestia installation or something like that?

The error:

exim paniclog /var/log/exim4/paniclog on mysite.com has non-zero size, mail system might be broken. Up to 10 lines are quoted below.

2021-08-17 16:28:18 1mG04g-001CYr-Cs malware acl condition: clamd /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl : unable to connect to UNIX socket (/var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl): No such file or directory

Is clamav service running?

Hi ScIT, yes, the clamav service is working properly.

I have been investigating and found the problem in VestaCP, there they solve it by commenting the directive:

#AllowSupplementaryGroups true

In the clamav configuration file (/etc/clamav/clamd.conf)

https://forum.vestacp.com/viewtopic.php?t=11953

But in hestia, when you enter that file, that directive does not exist. Can you think of a possible solution?

Thank you very much :clap:t2:

Hi guys, the problem has worsened, now I get double the error:

exim paniclog /var/log/exim4/paniclog on mysite.com has non-zero size, mail system might be broken. Up to 10 lines are quoted below.

2021-08-17 16:28:18 1mG04g-001CYr-Cs malware acl condition: clamd /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl : unable to connect to UNIX socket (/var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl): No such file or directory
2021-09-01 17:31:59 1mLSDW-007U79-S3 malware acl condition: clamd /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl : unable to connect to UNIX socket (/var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl): No such file or directory

At this step, I will have to reinstall from 0 because I got a hestia update failure and I have not been able to update either, I understand that it comes from the new changes and updates of the dependencies.

Question, is there a simple way to backup all users and restore them?

At the time I did it massively from the root user, but then the websites of the test user and my user, would not let me change anything because they did not have permission to modify the files on their sites, I understand that the restoration should be done by the same user to be restored, right?

In the hestia documentation it says this solution, but it was what I did the last time and gave me the problem with the permissions (the files were created under root name)

v-restore-user newusername username.2020.01.01-00-00.tar

Any possible solution?

Thank you very much!