Found a bug? Ubuntu 18.04

A fresh OS, I installed HestiaCP on it. I’ll discribe what I’ve done before got that bug:

1. logged into the panel
  2. changed the password
  3. went to server ->> configure >> changed appearence to dark, install there php7.4 and waited
  4. went to users and edited main account, set php7.4 for it
  5. went to users and edited packages (added 100 backups and set php7.4 backend)
  6. went to users and added user
  7. went to that user and added a domain and ftp in advanced option
  8. went to admin, set in cronab backups every 6 hours
  9. went to user again, created 2 databases
  10. created a backup
  11. restarted the server and saw that my user’s site gives the sucess page, not the coming soon page!
  12. saw that nginx isn’t working
  13. sshed to server
  14. fixed the problem for 2 users’ sites

Now it’s okay. Personally I think it happened cause of package editing, for example I think when I set up there 7.4php by defaul for new users

sudo bash hst-install.sh --apache no --nginx yes --phpfpm yes --multiphp no --vsftpd no --proftpd yes --named yes --mysql yes --postgresql no --exim yes --dovecot yes --clamav yes --spamassassin yes --iptables yes --fail2ban yes --quota no --api yes --force no --interactive yes --port 8083 --lang en

5 Likes

Wow! Excelent bug report @danonanon :trophy:

Just tried your steps and could reproduce the problem on Hestia master branch, you are correct there seems to be a problem with changing backend template in packages

To fix the missing fastcgi path I edited the web domain and changed backend template from 7.4 to 7.3 and than back to 7.4

5 Likes

Bug fixed in master here.

Until the new version is released you can edit the file manually /usr/local/hestia/bin/v-add-web-domain (at line 110)

6 Likes