Fresh installed hestia - IPV6?

Hello all!

i’ve been looking around for a control panel that just is working nice, and isn’t a big bunch of stuff together that form as a control panel.

Now i’ve found hestiaCP as a fork from vestaCP(glad to find it) It looks like the security part is better then vestaCP.
It looks really good and i like the fact that it’s possible to change the templates that are used for the vhost generation.
I still have to discover it alot more but i’d like to start using it for customers too, other control panels like DirectAdmin, CPanel or even ISPConfig are just not what i’m looking for.

After a time i’ve even gone without a panel but that isn’t workable for customers.
The nice part of Hestia is that it’s still possible to edit a nginx conf by hand…

Now for the questions part:
Is there a way to enable IPv6?? It is something that is quite “the standard” nowadays.
Is it possible to conbime this with a payment/order panel? So new customers can order a package.
Is it possible to change a current user package name without deleting :slight_smile:
Possible to change the colours of the theme and add a logo of my “future” own mini hosting company

Last but not least, any tips and recommendations :slight_smile:
Thanks for the nice control panel.

Machiel.

1 Like

Hi @Machiel92, welcome to the forum!

Be warned to NOT adjust the configs directly, they will be rebuild after every update.

Currently Hestia doesnt support IPv6 directly, it’s one of our biggest “to do’s” on our feature setlist.

Basicly, there exist a whmcs script that should also be compatible with hestia, but I think this isnt working properly. You can build up the own one using Hestia’s API, it is still the same like vesta - so you could use their docs. We still work to find enough time to improve our documentation, just to less man power here for all :).

Checkout rename package function: https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/blob/master/bin/v-rename-package

I would suggest to wait for the release of hestia 1.1.0, it will contain a theme function, where you can place your own logo and css files without get your changes overwritten during a upgrade.

1 Like

Hi ScIT,

Thanks for the quick reaction!
Well, thats a bummer, i hoped IPv6 was available already cause it’s one of the “important parts”.

How ready if Hestia for production? Is it already a control panel that could be used to provide hosting packets for customers?

Be warned to NOT adjust the configs directly, they will be rebuild after every update.

Oke, for example I added fastcgi_cache to the nginx.conf to enable it and a header for ignoring cache control. That would be overwritten when a update comes?
What way could i add it then? Through the admin panel itself?

Thanks for the explanations

Is it possible to add the IPv6 myself to a template for just temporary untill the ipv6 feature is implemented?
Or is there an other way to add the Ipv6 to the nginx config’s?

If you added /etc/nginx/nginx.conf this is not a problem, my warning is only for configuration files in /home/user/conf/web/.

Yes, you could adjust the templates to implement ipv6 support, best was is to copy default.(s)tpl and implement ipv6 configuration.

1 Like

If you added /etc/nginx/nginx.conf this is not a problem, my warning is only for configuration files in /home/user/conf/web/.

Aha, so it reads the /etc/nginx/nginx.conf just plain and is editable in the hestia panel right?
That’s amazing then i could just setup the cache through the CLI.

Yes, you could adjust the templates to implement ipv6 support, best was is to copy default.(s)tpl and implement ipv6 configuration.

Perfect, then i’ll use a template for now to enable IPv6!
Wonderful, is there a way i can contribute to hestia cause i like the way the control panel is having such a quick support and the way it is built!

1 Like

When will ipv6 be supported?

When we have time to work on it. It needs quite a lot of work…

1 Like

Happy to fund the integration, if the team is interested, please get in touch :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Please send an email to [email protected]

2 Likes

There seems to be a problem.

1 Like

Try [email protected] :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I support the ipv6 implement suggestion. Hopefully HestiaCP will support like any other Hosting Control Panel. :smiling_face:

Wikipedia - ipv4 address exhaustion
APNIC - Global ipv4 run out

1 Like