FYI: Nginx-ee for unsupported nginx version / naxsi WAF, pagespeed, rtmp

Test on your own install at your own risk and you need to edit the Nginx config file with Hestia specific requirements

Have been playing around with Ubuntu 20.04 install with Hestia 1.2.0 and can confirm Nginx-ee works adding the following features listed, I did find in the Hestia update status still showed older version but that is to be expected it not showing Nginx 1.19.0. Can restart Nginx and edit configs in Hestia panel

Have tested after install and everything is working that was installed, selected OpenSSL from system and added brotli config in nginx config. update to another dev branch did not overwrite settings.

Used app installer for Wordpress which worked fine.

You can choose to auto update by installing the cron job.

• Compile the latest Nginx releases : stable or mainline
  • Install Nginx or replace Nginx package previously installed
  • Nginx built-in modules selection
  • Nginx Third-party modules selection
  • Dynamic modules support
  • Brotli Support
  • TLS v1.3 support (Final)
  • OpenSSL (1.1.1g or 3.0.0-dev or from system-lib) or LibreSSL
  • Cloudflare HPACK
  • Cloudflare zlib
  • Automated nginx updates cronjob
  • Compilation with GCC-7/8
  • Security hardening and performance optimization enabled with proper GCC flags

Compatibility

Recommended

• Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal)
  • Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic)
  • Debian 10 (Buster)

Also compatible

• Ubuntu 19.10 (Eoan)
  • Debian 9 (Stretch)

Nginx-ee

https://github.com/VirtuBox/nginx-ee

2 Likes

Very intresting just did some testing and install went without mayor issues…

1 Like

Currently wanted to to test ngx_purge_cache for ages and with this it easy nothing maybe need to spend some time to improve it more…

If install has an error at the end you just need to make a folder and restart Nginx

mkdir /var/lib/nginx/

Works fine after that, have tested pretty much all features in Hestia once Nginx is replaced and everything works

WoW! Thanks for sharing. I am interested more on naxsi WAF as I am using ModSecurity by customized way.

1 Like