Help me to install Hestia CP

Hi Hestia,
I want the best performance from my VM. So, I decided I’ll host one website with Hestia cp. And I don’t want to use DNS, FTP and mail server. But I need the file manager and necessary elements for WordPress such as apache, PHP, and DB.
But I’m not sure what to cancel! Can anyone help me with this?

sudo bash hst-install.sh --apache yes --phpfpm yes --multiphp no --vsftpd no --proftpd no --named no --mysql yes --postgresql no --exim no --dovecot no --sieve no --clamav no --spamassassin no --iptables yes --fail2ban yes --quota no --api yes --interactive yes --with-debs no --port ‘8083’ --hostname ‘xx.hostname.com’ --email ‘email’ --password ‘password’ --lang ‘en’

What do you think about this one? Is it good to go?

Please, recommend me an OS also!

OS doesnt realy matter, either debian or ubuntu, just take the latest supported version: GitHub - hestiacp/hestiacp: Hestia Control Panel | A lightweight and powerful control panel for the modern web.

Switch parameters to no, for what you dont want to install as you already did. If you search for performance, probaly a nginx only system would make sense (set --apache no) but you’ll loose .htaccess functionality (which will get replaced by custom templates).

Easiest way: Give it a try and test it out.

What about this one? Is it okay?

> sudo bash hst-install.sh --apache no --phpfpm yes --multiphp no --vsftpd no --proftpd no --named no --mysql yes --postgresql no --exim no --dovecot no --sieve no --clamav no --spamassassin no --iptables yes --fail2ban yes --quota no --api yes --interactive yes --with-debs no --port ‘8083’ --hostname ‘[xx.hostname.com](http://xx.hostname.com/)’ --email ‘email’ --password ‘password’ --lang ‘en’

Do I need to change anything to suit Nginx?

Actually, I can’t do this because I can’t redeploy my VM! Could you please confirm?

Then I would suggest to use a VPS where you can redeploy it for testing. The string looks correct, but no warranty.

Keep exim so your websites can send emails and you can get system error emails.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.