Help me to install it

Hi,
I just see this panel on vestacp forum and I think I’m gonna install it. But before install, I need to know something. I’ll use Azure Bs1m VM as a VPS. But which OS is best for it? I mean which debian? and Which generation, 1 or 2?
Azure don’t give me SMTP port services. So I can’t use mail server. Do you have any recommend for that?
I hope I can integrate it with WHMCS, right? give me the module link please.
Is there anyway to change the logo? I wanna use my own logo. How can I do it?
I hope you’ll reply affirmatively.
Thank you.

• But which OS is best for it?

Doesn’t matter

• Which generation, 1 or 2?
    Of what?

• Use an SMTP relay service as Amazon SES or SMTP2GO or anything else

• Yes you can still use the VestaCP module

• Currently not. supported

1 Like

Capture

Which OS is best for it from the screenshot? And Which gen, 1 or 2?
How can I set up SMTP2GO? Any documentation?
Thank you for your response!

Debian 11 x64

The Gen thing… No idea what it is. Don’t think it matters.

As for the SMTP, I don’t use it. No idea

2 Likes

I know Azure support 2nd gen. I’ve no idea about gen!! But I’m gonna use a debain 11 ×64.
How can I set up SMTP2GO? Any documentation?
Thank you for your response!

For email port issue,
I used Digitalocean for past 7 years. Now whole digitalocean ASNs are email blacklisted.

After searched for few weeks, i settled with Linode servers.

1 Like

Debian 11 is prefered

jlguerrero is correct. Debian 11 x64 is prefered choice.
As for SMTP, it is an outdated insecure technology. SMTP is almost dead and replaced by many secure technologies such as Whatsapp, Jami, Bitmessage, XMPP, etc.

So, if port 25 SMTP is blocked, so be it. If you do need “email”, use Google Gmail or Microsoft Outlook.

not really, no. smtp is still secure and widely used, it will not die at all…

4 Likes

STMP is used by Gmail / Outlook. How ever how easy it is to abuse and no body controls it it is extremely easy to spam other servers with it.

And to prevent this a lot of providers disables it because they are afraid to get blacklisted on firewalls…

1 Like

I would like to suggest HestiaCP add support for Bitmessage or XMPP or even Jami.

I do know my VPS provider blocks port 25, so I cannot receive any email. However, my VPS provider does not block port 587 or port 465, so I am able to send email to my Gmail account.

However, as SMTP has the problem of spam and this occurs mainly due to lack of security, I would suggest use of Bitmessage or Jami. It will be nice if HestiaCP development team can include support for a Bitmessage server.

Not planned as we don’t use it our self. And probably not worth the time investment

2 Likes