Hestia 1.5.2 - Roundcube Imap error connection

Of course we have that, and ofc @eris already did that. I did it by myself this morning and invested the 5 minutes to install hestia and setup a test machine on hetzner cloud service → i’m not able to reproduce the issue:

1. Setup a debian 11 vps and upgrade it running apt update && apt dist-upgrade -y
  2. Download the bash installer from hestiacp and run it with your installation string (adjusted the multiphp to no, to save some time).
  3. Create a test email domain (test.ch)
  4. Create a test email account ([email protected])
  5. Login with [email protected] on webmail.test.ch (hosts entry)

The point is, we can’t reproduce your issue as on our systems, all is working properly. Also we can’t tell you every step “how to debug the issue” aswell as which log file to check - it starts on the web log, goes further to dovecot and others. If we now tell you every log file to check, waiting for your feedback, send you another log file to check we basicly do what we dont want to do (in a more hard way): debug your system.

If you can reproduce the issue on a hetzner cloud, you’ll get my attention - but infact i can’t do it myself, you’ll probaly also not able to do so.

And ofc this +1:

First of all:

This is the related config file:

As you can see localhost:993 should work fine try connecting with telnet to localhost:993 and check if there is a response…

Debugging is enabled by Default /var/log/roundube should contain some log files check those…

The debian I installed was: 11.02.
Now, I am testing with Debian 11.01 which I have been looking for.

I’ll tell you in a bit, because Hetzner hasn’t updated it yet.

I comment.

There should be no difference for 11.02 or 11.01.

Also apt update && apt upgrade will run during first install it should not matter…

1 Like

I have tested 11.02 (Non Hetzner) + HestiaCP and no issues… So there must be something else wrong

1 Like

Hi how are things??

I have already found what causes the failure.

When I install Debian 11, I leave it with DCHP active and once installed, I change it to Fixed IP (IP of my home network) and then I work with the fixed IP.

I install what is the Hestia and I give everything forwards.

What happens, that for some reason I see that files are edited or something, that you cannot put the fixed IP, and you have to assign the IP from the Router, so that when that machine is installed it always takes the desired IP.

Previously, I had Ubuntu + HestiaCP (Apache + Nginx) installed but now I have moved to Debian + HestiaCP (Nginx only).

Total, the error was the fixed IP of the system cannot be assigned, it is to leave the DCHP active and handle the IP from Hestia or do it as I have done it, assign it from the Router by the Mac.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and I have been slow to answer, because I was testing (I have installed it 4 times to test it).

——————-

Hola que tal??

Ya he encontrado que provoca el fallo.

Yo cuando instalo Debían 11, lo dejo con DCHP activo y una vez instalado, le cambio a IP Fija (IP de la red de mi casa) y ya luego trabajo con la IP fija.

Instalo lo que es el Hestia y doy todo para adelante.

Que pasa, que por alguna razón veo que se editan archivos o algo, que no se puede poner la IP fija, y hay que asignar la IP desde el Router, para que cuando esa maquina la instalo coja siempre la IP deseada.

Anteriormente, tenía instalado Ubuntu+HestiaCP (Apache+Nginx) pero ahora he pasado a Debían+HestiaCP (Nginx solo).

Total, el error era la IP fija del sistema no se puede asignar, es dejar el DCHP activo y manejar las IP desde Hestia o hacerlo como lo he echo, asignárselo desde el Router por la Mac.

Perdonar las molestias, y he tardado en contestar, por que estaba probando (lo he instalado 4 veces para probarlo).

1 Like

@eris we could maybe write that installations with servers with dynamic IPs are not supported and quit the installation.

Honestly, I think it should be clear, that you can’t run a webserver on a dynamic ip address…

VPS with dynamic ip should not be an issue with Hetzner it works fine ….

The reference is probaly to a dynamic public ip address…

Even with Dynamic public ip it will work fine as long you run v-update-sys-ip after it changes…

I don’t see any reason by dynamic ips should be not supported

For example I have ran multiple tests with dynamic local ip and after changing ips run v-update-sys-ip it works fine. How ever there is no “detection” in place that checks if the ip has changed… If you know have such use case you might need to write something that can detect it…

99% of the issues with home networks and stuff like that. If it was up to me I am happy to ban that…