Hestia 1.6.0 file manager support

Hi Hestia Community,

I hope that everyone is doing well. I need some help with my installation. I’m not sure what could have caused the issue that I have but I cannot access the file manager as shown in the image below:

I host Hestia on the Oracle Cloud Free Tier plan and I recently expanded the volume from 50 - 100GB. Not sure if this task caused the issue but I need some help in fixing the problem, Not sure if this is the right step but I looked at the Nginx logs and the following was observed:

#4 /usr/local/hestia/web/fm/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Filesystem.php(272): League\Flysystem\Adapter\AbstractFtpAdapter->listContents()
#5 /usr/local/hestia/web/fm/backend/Services/Storage/Filesystem.php(199): League\Flysystem\Files" while reading response header from upstream, client: xx.xx.xxx.xx, server: _, request: “POST /fm/?r=/getdir HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/var/run/hestia-php.sock:”, host: “hcpadmin.xxxxx.tld:8083”, referrer: "https://hcpadmin.xxxxx.tld:8083/fm/"
*2022/06/24 18:05:20 [error] 1070#0: 204 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Notice: Invalid SFTP packet size in /usr/local/hestia/web/fm/vendor/phpseclib/phpseclib/phpseclib/Net/SFTP.php on line 3613PHP message: PHP Notice: Expected SSH_FXP_VERSION in /usr/local/hestia/web/fm/vendor/phpseclib/phpseclib/phpseclib/Net/SFTP.php on line 600PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught League\Flysystem\Sftp\InvalidRootException: Root is invalid or does not exist: / in /usr/local/hestia/web/fm/vendor/league/flysystem-sftp/src/SftpAdapter.php:279
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/hestia/web/fm/vendor/league/flysystem-sftp/src/SftpAdapter.php(208): League\Flysystem\Sftp\SftpAdapter->setConnectionRoot()
#1 /usr/local/hestia/web/fm/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Adapter/AbstractFtpAdapter.php(650): League\Flysystem\Sftp\SftpAdapter->connect()
#2 /usr/local/hestia/web/fm/vendor/league/flysystem-sftp/src/SftpAdapter.php(360): League\Flysystem\Adapter\AbstractFtpAdapter->getConnection()
#3 /usr/local/hestia/web/fm/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Adapter/AbstractFtpAdapter.php(338): League\Flysystem\Sftp\SftpAdapter->listDirectoryContents()
#4 /usr/local/hestia/web/fm/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Filesystem.php(272): League\Flysystem\Adapter\AbstractFtpAdapter->listContents()
#5 /usr/local/hestia/web/fm/backend/Services/Storage/Filesystem.php(199): League\Flysystem\Files" while reading response header from upstream, client: 24.64.115.68, server: _, request: “POST /fm/?r=/getdir HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/var/run/hestia-php.sock:”, host: “hcpadmin.xxxxx.tld:8083”, referrer: "https://hcpadmin.xxxxx.tld:8083/fm/"

If I’m on the right track can someone let me know what commands and files to configure for Hestia to resolve the issue?

Thanks

Daniel

Can you connect with sftp to the same account?

I had same issue because the ftp service was dropped so please check the vsftpd service status from server status page ( click on the gear at the top right ) also did you restart vps from oracle side after expansion and did all procedures mentioned at the oracle guide ?

Hi @eris and @nada
Thanks for the help. I figured out what the issue is. The following config statements were missing in the sshd_config:

Subsystem sftp internal-sftp
DebianBanner no

Everything is working now:

Hopefully, the information in this support forum thread would help someone else if they encounter the same issue.

2 Likes

Yes, I can connect with sftp to the same account without problem.

I tried adding:

The following config statements were missing in the sshd_config:

Subsystem sftp intern

But still doesn’t work.

Thank you.

With the update to 1.6.2 the file manager it is working again…

No I am still facing the issue with v1.6.2

Please use the search function and check your logs, there should be enough informations available to sebug that issue. Also, if needed, consider to open a new threat, this one has been solved and is probaly not related.