Hestia dont start apache

Hello,

I Installed Hestia two times in two diferents virtual machines, one with debian 10, and another with debian 11.3.

When i make a new domain I get the error " Error: ERROR: Restart of apache2 failed.
Error: apache2 restart failed"
In this installations apache dont start, what i can do for report better logs?

Thanks so much.

I used this command:

bash hst-install.sh --apache yes --phpfpm yes --multiphp yes --vsftpd yes --proftpd no --named yes --mysql yes --postgresql no --exim yes --dovecot yes --sieve no --clamav yes --spamassassin yes --iptables yes --fail2ban yes --quota no --api yes --interactive yes --with-debs no --port β€˜8083’ --hostname β€˜name.domain.com’ --email β€˜[email protected]’ --password β€˜password’ --lang β€˜es’

systemctl status apache2

I see diferents messages but the importants is:

apachectl[12422]: (99)Cannot assign requested address: AH00072: make_sock: could not bi>jul 06 15:03:17 host.domain.com apachectl[12422]: no listening sockets available, shutting down
apachectl[12422]: AH00015: Unable to open logs
apachectl[12422]: (99)Cannot assign requested address: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 192.168.1.57:8443

But I dont have this IP, I have other static IP, I maked the static IP before use the install script.

Thanks for you help.

please check apache2.conf :slight_smile:

Your server is not able to bind to that ip

/etc/apache2/conf.d/ will has file called that.ip.conf listed

1 Like

I make a new VM and before use the script for install hestia I reboot the machine, this is a diference with others times.

The others times only start the machine I maked a static IP, I restart the network service for take the new IP, and I download and install the script, but seems the script taked the old IP.

With the reboot works fine.

Thanks so much.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.