Hestia webmail pannel send mails not appear on reciver inbox

I have setup SMTP relay with Sendinblue

You need to check the exim mainlog to see whats going wrong.

“Web” UI mails are send over sendmail…

Run hestiacp/configure-server-smtp.sh at main · hestiacp/hestiacp · GitHub

Once and it should be setup

mail receive function is working fine but when I send an email its not appear in receiver’s inbox

Does it happen with any domain?

• same machine (other domain hosted on that machine)
  • domains hosted on other machines
  • big providers such as Gmail

i have used Gmail address for testing

Then try the rest. Maybe it is only a delivery problem with Gmail.

Check your DNS record:

• SPF
  • DMARC

It could also be that google has banned your IP and it is not telling you.

Are you receiving bounce emails? In that case, show us a copy.

I have checked with a lot of other email providers still same issue

Check /var/log/exim4/mainlog

1 Like

This is exactly where I start from. Usually I go to the command line and run: watch exigrep [email address here] /var/log/exim4/mainlog to see in almost real time what is happening. Apparently you need to replace the [email address here] (and remove brackets as well) with the sender or receiver address.

In another window, I send the test email message. Then I go back to the command line and check the latest entry at the bottom. When I see something like the following, I can be sure that the email was delivered to the recipient server: 2022-03-16 10:17:46 1nUOqo-0018O9-6W Completed

1 Like

It worked I got the error message that my SMTP account was not activated

2022-03-16 00:49:34 1nU7u4-002kYp-Sh == R=send_via_smtp_relay T=smtp_relay_smtp defer (-46) H=smtp-relay.sendinblue.com [185.107.232.248]: SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: 450 Your SMTP account is not yet activated. Please contact us at [email protected] to request activation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.