Hestiacp behind a proxy

Hi,
I am trying to setup Hestia behind a pfsense haproxy proxy.
I understand that hestia has an nginx proxy build in, but I need to be behind another proxy(ip address sharing and multiple servers)
I am able to load the site, except that for the visitor address, i get the proxy address.
and when I try to pull the visitor ip address with php ($_SERVER[“HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR”]) i get two addresses, I get the Visitor IP and the Proxy address.

How do I change the http_x_forwarded_for value to only return the single visitor public ip address?

This is a new install with this as the install settings:

sudo bash hst-install.sh --apache yes --phpfpm yes --multiphp no --vsftpd no --proftpd no --named no --mysql yes --postgresql no --exim yes --dovecot no --clamav no --spamassassin no --iptables no --fail2ban no --quota no --api yes --interactive yes --with-debs no --port 8083 --hostname serverName --email [email protected] --password something --lang en

Thank you

Open port 8080 and 8443 and forward the traffic straight to that…

I was thinking of doing this, to bypass the nginx proxy, but wont that cause any issues with hestia?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.