High CPU usage by mariadb

Hello everyone, I just freshly installed hestia cp on my server, but I feel that it is very slow and when I go to settings, ask monitor and then to View Advanced Details, I notice that mariadb is using my processor at over 900 % sometimes even up to 1400%, I just created the database and there is no user (client) connected.

My config

• Ryzen amd 5900X
  • 500 GB Nvme
  • 64GB Ram
  • Ubuntu 20.04

(see image attached)

Your mariadb/mysql server runs crazy, your load is verry high. Check the mysql log.

thank you but I do not see the mysql log, where to find it please?

Please use your own admin powers to fix your system.

This is not Hestia related. you need to check your server and installation, maybe it got compromised and is running some malware or whatever. Did you try restarting/reinstalling it? We can’t debug your system for you, that is sadly not how it works :wink:

@falzo Worlds worst help, not saying anything would have been more of a help.

At this moment I’m experiancing the same issue, previously it was php-fpm and the PROBLEM starts after HestiaCP does an update. so it is HestiaCP related.

@depezo you can find the log in /var/log/mysql/error.log you can acces this using SSH to your server. Do you use Redis caching by any chance?

Yep. That’s me. Thanks for bringing it to attention again after one and a half year, that the expectation needs to be clear. HestiaCP simply is not intended as tool for users that don’t know where to find the logfiles.

We try to make this clear from the beginning, that we are not here to cover sysadmin basics. However, happy to see you helping out, that’s what a community is about.

1 Like

Thank Very Much !

It was rather HestiaCP, I use another panel which works better. If you are an expert, not everyone knows about it, and when someone needs help, it’s just because they have a problem, so if you feel more expert than the others in helping beginners, give up and move on, Mr. Expert, instead of writing a lot of nonsense without saying anything.

First of all: I am truly happy for you, if you solved your problem. Even more so, if the solution was going with a different panel, because that means, you most likely picked a tool that better fits to your needs.

I would not consider myself an expert and it’s not feeling above beginners or the like, though I understand that this perception is the easiest way out of the discussion instead of dealing with what has been told before:
If you are looking for something that manages your system for you, then this is not HestiaCP.
HestiaCP is there to simplify and automate some tasks you have to do often as a sysadmin/webhost, things you would and could do manually otherwise as well.

If you see mariadb acting out, that’s not because HestiaCP suddenly did something to it.
I understand it’s easy to say that an update of Hestia broke something. But in fact that update often does not come alone but together with updates of other system components as well and people tend to click yes all the time without reading and overwriting configs with package defaults and what not.

Or they changed things and configs on their system somewhere based on some expert advice from some internet boards, which they might have even forgotten and later during some update these changes get overwritten and so on.

TL;DR; The owner of the system is the only responsible for it and that should know what else got changed at some point in time. If you consider yourself a beginner that’s totally fine, everyone has to start somewhere, but please pick the right tool for your needs. HestiaCP might not be it.

PS: please also duly note, that this topic existed before ‘community support’ was moved from discord to this forum. Indeed I’d might have written nothing at all, if it had been a pure community support request back in the day :wink:

3 Likes