Hostname without port

I recently setup hestia and went ahead and added my hostname for the control panel, only theres one problem when i go to my hestia.domain.tld it brings me to a under construction page. I still need to put in my port.

• Jim

You are not allowed to services under the same port 443 for Nginx and Hestia Nginx

you can however use a sub-domain created as web domain to proxy through to the control panel.
either create a custom template for that or setup a custom apache conf and enable proxy module (if apache is available).

Hello,

@eris I was talking about port 8083

@falzo Should I edit in /usr/local/hestia/nginx/conf/nginx.conf or /etc/nginx/ngin.conf so when I go to admin.domain.tld it brings me to admin.domain.tld:8083

See below …

This should work how ever no support given…

Copy both files in /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/nginx/

If you use Nginx+FPM only
Copy both files in /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/nginx/php-fpm

Go to edit cp.domain.com and change template to cp

neither/nor. don’t mess with the main configs, that might break other stuff. also don’t modify the conf files hestia creates, because those simply might get overwritten.

either you create your own template to select within hestia itself which then adds the proxy job (see @eris post). or you if you use apache you add a custom conf file that gets include by the main config.

1 Like

Please use:

and

instead

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.