rename ‘s/VESTA/HESTIA/’ * &&
rename ‘s/vesta/hestia/’ *

but get error

&& rename ‘s/vesta/hestia/’ *
sed: -e expression #1, char 1: unknown command: `?’

I am now getting an error when trying to access HestaCP

Internal Server Error

Oops! Something went wrong.

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Error Code: 500

any ideas?

thanks

Please check /var/log/Hestia/ngoni-error.log

You don’t know me too well, yet. Had already done that, hence “Installed now.” :wink:
Might be an idea to modify the original post with ‘rename’ as a pre-requisite.

Interestingly, I had to manually add port 8083 to CSF.

Pro tip:
If you are accessing your CSF protected server from a client with a dynamic IP, then signup for a dynamic DNS service, such as no-ip.org
In CSF configure DYNDNS to check every 10 minutes and ignore the resolved IP from blocking. Add your hostname eg. me.no-ip.org to /etc/csf/csf.dyndns
This way you won’t block yourself from the server - at least in terms of the firewall. :wink:
Of course, if you have a static IP then get yourself a DNS entry and add that.

just has

2020/07/14 19:10:13 [error] 7680#0: ocsp.int-x3.letsencrypt.org could not be resolved (110: Operation timed out) while requesting certificate status, responder: ocsp.int-x3.letsencrypt.org, certificate: “/usr/local/hestia/ssl/certificate.crt”

it is only hestiacp that won’t load?

Yes that could be the issue as there is no valid certificate any more to work with it.

Try to ping a external server. If it is not working most likely cause could be that there is a wrong ip blocked. Had it last time (+/- 2 weeks ago) and after disabling the firewall it worked fine.

Ping to external is fine, disabled csf no change, checked with https://letsdebug.net and no errors?

Only started doing this after re running install commands!

thanks

Try v-add-letsencrypt-host then.

@AlwaysSkint - Thanks, updated prerequisites with rename. Adding port 8083 is not interesting, all ports are disabled by default. Hestia is not officially supported. This is kind of hack which is actually working only with Hestia CP v1.0. Starting from Hestia CP v1.1.0 you also need to make manual changes. This will be maybe changed in the near future as @eris pointed out - there is an idea of changing the system, so that such changes in templates are preserved.

1 Like

no difference and the now rotated /var/log/nginx/error.log show no entries so this may not be the issue?

opps wrong log, still showing error

2020/07/15 16:13:52 [error] 23379#0: ocsp.int-x3.letsencrypt.org could not be resolved (110: Operation timed out) while requesting certificate status, responder: ocsp.int-x3.letsencrypt.org, certificate: “/usr/local/hestia/ssl/certificate.crt”

look at other thread seems others have same error, moving to other thread.

When I re add this after 1.3 update I get 500 error in panel.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

We switched over from the old php array system to Gettext. To make sure we can match. To make the strings working we use _() now. Following the official gettext function.

Thanks but I wouldn’t know what to change to add the CSF menu link.

/list/csf works fine.

<div class="l-menu__item <?php if($TAB == 'CSF' ) echo 'l-menu__item--active' ?>"><a href="/list/csf/"><?=__('CSF')?></a></div>

probaly to

<div class="l-menu__item <?php if($TAB == 'CSF' ) echo 'l-menu__item--active' ?>"><a href="/list/csf/"><?=_('CSF')?></a></div>

1 Like

Yes, that works, thank you.

3 Likes

Brilliant fellas.
Back to the way it should be. :crazy_face:

@Raphael @eris - Thanks for tips. Updated tutorial accordingly.

Thank you for this tutorial. What I would really like is for CSF to support Hestia. I added my request to the CSF Suggestions forum as in the link above. But for CSF to support Hestia, I am hoping more on this forum will register with the CSF forum and add your vote. CSF got 44 votes on the Hestia forum. I am hoping for 44 suggestions to support Hestia on the CSF forum!

1 Like

Hi @David-Spring Welcome and thank you for the post @ CSF forum.

Hopefully the CSF-Hestia integration will be implemented one day by default as it’s pretty solid firewall.