How to make edits to php-fpm conf files that will stick after Hestia Updates?

Hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.

I needed to update the pm.max_children value for one of my domains on my server. I noticed that the php-fpm conf files get overwritten with HestiaCP updates.

The file I was editing was here: /etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d/domainname.com.conf.

I assume I should be creating a new conf file somewhere else and adding the pm.max_children value in it so that it doesn’t get overwritten. I’m new to php-fpm, can someone please help. Thanks!

Make use of templates:
https://docs.hestiacp.com/admin_docs/web.html#how-can-i-change-settings-for-a-specific-domain

Thank you for the clarification!

Can you please help clarify one point further, I’m confused by what “YOURNAME” refers to in the documentation. In the linked documentation, it states to use the template files in this folder location: /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/php-fpm and says to use the naming convention of YOURNAME-PHP-X_Y.tpl where X_Y is the PHP version.

I’m confused by the YOURNAME. I don’t assume this is the username, because these are templates for specific domains, correct? So would the correct filename be mydomainname.com-PHP-7_4.tpl?

Thanks!

Yes or random-PHP-7.4.tpl for example

Since you gave the random example without a .com or .net, I would like to confirm. Do I need to include the TLD as well?

Let me give a very clear example:
The domain settings I want to customize is for the domain abc123.com, the Hestia config file is here:
/etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d/abc123.com.conf

So, based on what I understand I should create a file with my customizations, with this filename in this location:
/usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/php-fpm/abc123.com-PHP-7_4.tpl.

Is the above correct. Or should it be abc123-PHP-7_4.tpl (please note, I noticed in your example you used 7.4.tpl instead of 7_4.tpl. I assume that was a typo on your part).

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.