Re install Hestia and then use the option

–php-fpm no

I already tried that.

but this trick is not working –php-fpm no

I have removed php-fpm with the following command:

apt-get autoremove php-

but I can’t use php with nginx and on apache;

error logs right now

[proxy:error] [pid 541777] (2)No such file or directory: AH02454: FCGI: attempt to connect to Unix domain socket /var/run/php/domain.com.soc>
 [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 541777] [client 0.0.0.0:0] AH01079: failed to make connection to backend: httpd-UDS

When you remove php, php cant work :slight_smile:.

@eris is right, set --php-fpm no should skip fpm and install mod_php, if you install apache2 aswell ofc.

sir I already set --php-fpm no

but hestia script don’t skipped it.

and now the server has RAID10 complete sync and 10TB transfer done !! :cry: :cry: :cry: :sob:

No idea why you sync the raid10, expect for mdraid/software raid. But then I would suggest to test your setup on a small vps, do your docs then go to the big one you got there.

Hestia Script should skip fpm and also show it in the installation overview (php fpm server part shouldnt be displayed anymore). Anyway I would suggest to use fpm instead mod_php, due to performance and support.

What is not working in fpm ? as it is better in all points the best point is php will run as backend server with seperate service. You can easily control it by upgrading and downgrading pool configs.

If you need performance with security go with fpm only

If you want to still use mod php you need to create webserver template to use modphp and enable apache module example to enable php 7.4 run this command:

a2enmod php7.4

Restart apache if needed

Can you please point something related to server template.
how i can create and where find in server. @Sandeep

Try vesta templates default one

Just to write again: Hestia still supports mod_php out of the box if you run --php-fpm no in combination with --apache yes (which is already the default value).

Also --multi-php=yes will enable php-fpm

Defining default software stack:

I edited file for ubuntu in downloaded
this way:
set_default_value ‘phpfpm’ ‘no’
set_default_value ‘multiphp’ ‘no’
set_default_value ‘vsftpd’ ‘no’
set_default_value ‘proftpd’ ‘yes’
set_default_port ‘8888’

now it’s working.

But having some other problem,
–email and --hostsname

Please check the config file

What is the command what your are using…

-f should be as last

If I don’t edit the .sh file

This command not works::

sudo bash hst-install.sh --apache yes --nginx yes --phpfpm no --multiphp no --vsftpd no --proftpd yes --named yes --mysql yes --postgresql no --exim yes --dovecot yes --clamav yes --spamassassin yes --iptables yes --fail2ban yes --quota no --api yes --force yes --interactive yes --port 8888 --hostname serv.domain.com --email [email protected] --lang en

I will ask me again email and hostname and set itself port 8083

Put --force at the and it should work fine

1 Like