I can't access my VPS

I have a Hetzner VPS running the latest version of HestiaCP (I don’t know how to find out) on Debian 9.

Trying to enter the HestiaCP GUI, Firefox has thrown a error related to HSTS and that the host certificate has expired (checked) days ago without me receiving any warning mail:

Not connected: Possible security problem

Firefox has detected a problem and has not proceeded to host.domain.tld. The website is misconfigured or your computer’s clock is set incorrectly

The site’s certificate has probably expired, preventing Firefox from connecting securely.

What can you do about it?

host.domain.tld has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You cannot add an exception to visit this site.

Most likely the problem is with the website, and there’s nothing you can do to solve it. You can notify the website administrator of the problem.

It is impossible to access.

I have also tried to log in via SSH and received this error:

$ ssh [email protected]
This service allows sftp connections only.
Connection to host.domain.tld closed.

Access to the root account is disabled by me for security. All other services seem to work fine. This VPS is for personal use, so I can restart it without problems.

Option 1:
Don’t know if Hetzner allow web console? But for there root servers you can request remote desktop. Won’t surprise me that Hetzner allow it…

Option 2: Try to connect with a different browser I know Safari has no issues. But that is hard on a non Mac…

Solved through the web console. Thank you.

1 Like