I installed hestia but I don't know the password

Maybe I was clumsy, or I didn’t see the password in ssh during the installation. Now I can’t enter the panel. I’ve read before writing, but I can’t find a solution. Could someone tell me how to see my password?

run the command:

sudo v-change-user-password admin password
sudo: v-change-user-password: command not found

What could I do?

Did you rebooted the server after installation? Also please login as root user instead using sudo - if not possible, do the following:

cd /usr/local/hestia/bin
./v-change-user-password admin yourpass

1 Like

if reboot after install. I only need the login password.

I have placed the commands and this comes out: image attached

once again, login as root please - or use atleast sudo su. You’re a normal user there, it can’t work…

1 Like

It has worked for me thank you very much. your support is excellent If my website works without problems after installing everything, I swear to God that I will donate because your code is beautiful

3 Likes

Hi, not sure why this doesn’t work for me. Something strange happened. All of the sudden I couldn’t login to HestiaCP so I tried to change the password using these commends as root but still cannot login. DO you think it’s good idea to disable MFA and try it without the MFA enabled? I am trying to login as admin with the changed password but it keeps saying invalid username or password. Any idea what else to try? Thank you

1 Like

try changing to a more simpler password to check without special characters but with numbers.
its not the issue with me after install, but during installation if i keep complicated password with special characters it sometimes gives me error while logging in but when i change the password from cli to simple then change it back in gui it works fine

I have tried that already before posting this question and tried also today again. It still doesn’t work for some reason. I am still getting “Invalid username or password” message. I am gonna try disabling the MFA to see if it makes any difference. Thanks anyway.

v-change-user-password user password

Should work fine

Thank you very much its worked for me