Installing Ubuntu 22.04 without Snap

Hello, I will use Ubuntu without Snapd packages, will Hestia fully function on such a server, with this installation script wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/release/install/hst-install.sh && sudo bash hst-install.sh --apache yes --phpfpm yes --multiphp no --vsftpd no --proftpd no --named no --mysql yes --mysql-classic no --postgresql no --exim no --dovecot yes --sieve no --clamav no --spamassassin yes --iptables yes --fail2ban yes --quota no --api no --interactive yes --with-debs no --port ‘2083’ --hostname ‘hestia.hestia.ru’ --email ‘[email protected]’ --password ‘password’ --lang ‘ru’ or is snapd still required? Thanks

snaps is not required it should work fine

1 Like

Thank you very much. But here I will also clarify for those who may read this, if you installed Hestia with Snapd, then if you delete Snapd, Hestia will be buggy, for example, the file manager will not open).

Not that I am aware of. We don’t depend on SnapD

It is strange that this panel is still new to me, and I really appreciate the work that was put into creating it. I get errors, and I’m still studying them on my own, so I might be wrong. I put on Ubuntu with snap, and everything was fine, as soon as I deleted the spap, the file manager fell off. Yesterday, for example, I got a 404 error when trying to log in to hpmyadmin. And I was able to import the database, create a website, and then it just fell off). Today I reinstalled it, I do the same thing with backups, I’ll see if the 404 error appears again, I’ll open the topic. I’ve found topics about this, but I didn’t find an answer there.

Hi, I run HestiaCP on Debian since spring last year. No problems with anything concerning the panel itself so far. Moved everything from my former cPanel server.
Perhaps you want to backup the users and import the data after reinstall. It runs on both Debian and Ubuntu, but I don’t like snap and some things Ubuntu does, so I chose Debian, and I think for this usecase it’s perfect.
Best, Michael

sudo systemctl stop snapd && sudo systemctl disable snapd && sudo apt purge snapd && rm -rf ~/snap && sudo rm -rf /snap /var/snap /var/lib/snapd /var/cache/snapd /usr/lib/snapd /root/snap One-click solution)

And after this HestiaCP works as expected?

Yes, we prepare the system by deleting snap, and install Hestia, everything is OK, I’ve been using it for a long time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.