Invalid username and password, wordpress sites can't connect to database

Hey guys, so I have a small server on digitalocean and I was using hestia to manage it. I barely touch it. I have a couple of Wordpress sites on it which are just for friends and family and everything was working just fine last I checked a few months ago.

I checked again today, and my Wordpress site was giving me an “error establishing connection to database” error.

So I go to try to login to hestia.

First, I’m on the login screen, I type in my username, then password, and all it does is immediately just bounce me back to the username screen, no error message or anything.

I try over and over, and figure something is screwed. So I restore from a month old backup on digitalocean.

Now, I’m still getting the same “error establishing connection to database” message on the Wordpress sites, however when I try to login to hestia, I’m getting an “invalid username / password” on what I know for sure is the correct username and password.

I searched, and found a thread that said to do v-change-user-password admin password1234 from the commandline. So I tried that and I get the following error:
v-change-user-password admin password1234
/usr/local/hestia/func/main.sh: line 1566: /usr/local/hestia/conf/hestia.conf: Permission denied
Error: user admin doesn’t exist
/usr/local/hestia/func/main.sh: line 102: /usr/local/hestia/log/error.log: Permission denied

Any ideas what I can do? I really want to recover the content from this Wordpress site.

Thank you!

Run the command as root

Your password is failed as is less secured for the current Ubuntu & Hestia’s password complexity checker.
You should try this, v-change-user-password admin 1Pass2Word