IPv6 support in Hestia

Does Hestia already support ipv6, or do you have plans to? If so, what’s the expected timeline on it?

3 Likes

Not yet,

Planned for an future version but no set date. Feel free to contribute on it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello. How long wait for Ipv6 implement in future release? Thanks

No release time yet, also no eta.

Thanks for the answer. What can we count on? Will the function be implemented at all? I found the free brainycp control panel, but it only works under CentOS, which I don’t really want to use. Does it make sense to wait?

It’s for sure on the list, i started already the work on a branch. But we do not provide any release date or timeframe, because we all work on 100% jobs beside hestia. We dont want to give out any date we cant hold, makes you angry and provides stress for us :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

Just as a workaround, and not an exact answer to your question, what I did and maybe it can work in your scenario:
I have installed Hestia, and then I put IPv4+IPv6 Load Balancer in front of it. For me there was a reason doing that, but in your case you can just enable it only for IPv6…

3 Likes

This totally makes sense. Thank you!

Is this a physical device, or do you run loadbalancing software on the hestiacp server? Could you elaborate a little?

It is software, any loadbalancer w/ IPv6 support will work

Did you also proxy for ports other than web 80/443 ?
Which did you use? HAproxy? If so, could you reveal some config you used?

Feel free to test

2 Likes

How do you want us to test this? I’m really waiting for ipv6 support and I’d very much like to help out.
In addition, DNS through cloudflare (and letsencrypt using CF DNS as well) would be a welcome addition as well. Those are the two things missing in hestia, as far as I can see it. The rest is near-perfect.

For me, IPv6 support became critical. I’m really looking forward to it.

)) More than half of the traffic on the Internet is already from IPv6, and we are in the club of Old Believers.

Please add the details usdt trc20 to donations, if it’s not difficult.

I also need IPv6. I think they should indicate the cost so that we can all donate together.

I just installed Hestia on a new server that has IPV6 setup by default. Would love IPV6 support, so I have some confidence firewall rules are applies to the IPV6 interface as well.

IPV6 is useless as vast majority of Internet users use IPV4 as ISPs use a big NAT, so-called CGNAT to save IPV4 addresses. Also, almost all email providers like sparkpostmail and mailchimp are IPV4 only as they view IPV6 as potential spam as its IP address space is free.

I prefer if the HestiaCP development team will allow a customised webmail url, instead of “http://webmail.example.com”. Perhaps, http://example.com/webmail/ ?

You say that ipv6 is useless, but you say that a url of the type http://example.com/webmail/ is very useful? What there is to read…

All ready possible …

If you use Apache2
If you use Nginx:

Take this as a basis… Or just look up

1 Like

Corianito, I do not get what you are trying to state. But what I meant is today people share IP addresses as many people are behind NATs. I do not need to remember a unique and long IPV6 address but just use a domain name like example.com. Its short and easy to remember :slight_smile: