Issue after v-change-web-domain-name

Hello community!

I had the following issue recently. I run a quick search here and on GitHub and I don’t see it mentioned.

Quick summary
After running v-change-web-domain-name user old.com new.com, I got an error that apache could not start. While troubleshooting I noticed that previous .conf files in /home/user/conf/web/old.com/ were still there, pointing to non-existant directories (for old.com which was renamed to new.com). Same for /etc/nginx/conf.d/domains/old.com.conf which is a link to /home/[user]/conf/web/old.com/nginx.conf

Hestia version and type
v1.3.5 apache2 web server / nginx reverse proxy / multi-php

Installation string

hst-install.sh --nginx yes --apache yes --phpfpm no --multiphp yes --named yes --vsftpd yes --proftpd no --iptables yes --fail2ban yes --quota yes --exim yes --dovecot yes --spamassassin yes --clamav yes --mysql yes --postgresql yes --interactive yes --hostname $(hostname -f) --email [redacted] --port [redacted] --api yes

Felix,

I’m sorry, I don’t know how to speak to your issue, as I am new to Linux. But I have a related issue. I need to change the domain name that I used when I first installed Hestia. Is the command that you used the one that I should use? v-change-web-domain-name

If so, will I need to change the SSL as well? And if so, what is that process? Please provide any responses in simple terms as a Linux newbie. Thank you for your assistance.

OOPS, I thought this was thread was April 22. I will start another thread. My bad.