Issues email (cannot send email)

Hello everyone||||

I have installed hestia panel today but I have an issue: I cannot send emails to outlook accounts( i get back Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender) so i can send to others for example gmail, etcetera. Can anyone help me please?.

Second thing is. all my project are with python django so for deployment i use to Nginx + gunicorn etc, so how i can set up my domians to works with nginx?

Many thanks

same as I do,
So I setup another box (vps) for the mail services by installing iredmail and using smtp relay (such as: sendinblue, mailjet and etc)
got 1 box for web host using hestia, 1 box for email, and i am using cloudflare for manage dns

anyone got the more suggestion perhaps

will also waiting for others answer :grin:

1. Make sure you set up spf records, DKIM records and continue. Also you will need to set up the proper RDNS. Outlook is a know issue with mail servers for ages.

For 2:

I don’t use python maybe check: Django apps in HestiaCP? Django apps in HestiaCP!

You will need it your self we don’t currently support it out of the box.

hi, but it works now? with that way? so could you tell me which records I have to create in my domain with cloudfare please? many thanks for your answers.

HI, can I set up those please?, please. so many thanks for your answers

You will need to set them on your own, we cant provide a step by step guide for every (custom) tool or script :slight_smile:.

For the mail thing, handling it on a own server is always a bit tricky, due to ip reputation and so on. Big players like google or microsoft often sends your mail to spam. You could relay your mails for example over amazon ses, somewhere in this forum there is a tutorial about it, also for other providers.

the best way, try it on your staging box (staging vps) no on your production box

totally agree with this

see, without the full message and especially the error code giving the reason WHY it failed, nobody (including you) can do anything about the real cause of the problem.

so how about working the problem better, starting by gathering information and giving more details when looking for help? you will run into the same problem with other providers and software… just saying :man_shrugging:t2: :wink:

sorry…

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
host outlook-com.olc.protection.outlook.com [ip]
SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined end of data:
550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [ip] weren’t sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to Troubleshooting. [DM6NAM10FT056.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Reporting-MTA: dns; host.8domain.com

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Remote-MTA: dns; outlook-com.olc.protection.outlook.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [ip] weren’t sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to Troubleshooting. [DM6NAM10FT056.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com]

this is the message i sent emails to outlook accounts.
many thanks

your IP is blocked as it says. so this is a problem with your vps/ip in the first place. it’s usually difficult to get IPs off blacklists, especially big providers like microsoft run their own ones and won’t tell you why the IP is on there.

there is a contact form somewhere hidden in microsofts knowledgebase, which you can fill in and ask for removal - however, if you are not the owner of that IP, usually your provider is the one in charge for trying to get that cleaned up.

i have checked my IP vps and everything is ok i mean not black list … all the test was OK so…

Many thanks :cry:

as said, it’s microsofts own blacklist. as far as I know, you can’t even check that.
so it has nothing to do with your vps config, but with the reputation of that IP (and most likely what someone before you did with it)

this isn’t easily solve, an smtp-relay might help, to send out mails from a different IP with a better reputation. however this also isn’t something done in a few minute. I suggest you either speak to your provider, if they can help with the IP reputation or switching the IP. or get another vserver. or hire someone to help you set up an smtp relay somehwere else…

relay services like sendgrid or amazon SES are also an option, but they might incur costs and quite some work to get all domains verified etc.

cool many thanks for your info and help

they have their own way to block
hahahaha…

i do totally agree with @falzo

bro, try this

hope can help you resolve this matter,
its only take a few hours (i think 2 hours is max) to setup then yuo can send your email to outl**k.com and his brothers (h0tmail and etc…hahahah)

thanks bro