Just upgraded to 1.4.10 and rebooted server - should IPtables be disabled?

After the 1.4.10 upgrade I noticed that there were some delays in receiving emails (doing some test emails to myself), so I decided to log into the control panel to look around. I’m not sure what the delay is caused by, but I noticed that the iptables service was stopped (see screenshot), this was after a reboot of the server, as I wanted to see if this would resolve the slowness or blocking of emails (e.g. maybe there was some cache issues leftover from the upgrade).

Should this service be stopped? Should I manually start it? Do I need to manually start it after every reboot of the server?

No, never.

As soon as possible.

It should boot on its own but that service protects your server from hackers so it should be always running.

Check the logs to find out why it doesn’t start.

Thanks @jlguerrero!

Yes, I manually started the service. I just now rebooted the server again to see what state it would be in after fully loaded. This time it started up with the rest of the services. So not sure what happened. Perhaps because of the upgrade and something that was installing after the reboot, I’m not sure.

But anyway, now that it seems to be starting with the other services upon reboot, I guess it was just some random thing.

Which log file should I check to confirm why it did not start during the first reboot after the upgrade to 1.4.10? If you could point me in the right direction, I will check and post back my findings, in case it helps anyone or identifies some issue with the upgrade. But seeing that it has resolved on it’s own, it probably isn’t an issue. But happy to investigate further and provide some feedback. I just don’t know where to look.

Hello. I have the same problem.
System: Ubuntu 20.04.
HestiaCP: 1.4.10.
Debian 10 does not have this problem. Perhaps it has something to do with UFW ubuntu. I have also observed similar behavior of iptables in ubuntu 18.04.
Iptables is not automatically enabled after server reboot, however, if started manually, it works correctly.

Do you use Netplan or systemd?

Unfortunately, I can’t tell if this is an automatic hosting setup. Can you write what exactly I should find?
I will provide any logs.

Check if there is a file in /etc/netplan/

File 01-netcfg.yaml in directory /etc/netplan/ exist.

This file describes the network interfaces available on your system

For more information, see netplan(5).

network:
version: 2
renderer: networkd