Migrating to Hestia, Mails imports

Hi next,

Before I migrate, a big mountain seems to be here… Mails :no_mouth: Right now my mail server is in Plesk with imap configuration.

Is it a way to import my mailboxes into fresh Hestia insatl ? Or do I need backup my mailboxes locally on my computer ?

Thanks again

No easiest way if found was https://imapsync.lamiral.info/

:roll_eyes: no way…

:grinning: Ok, I’ll try to understand some words !! I promess

You can perform the migration with ImapSync, as recommended by eris from https://imapsync.lamiral.info/

The command to be used (replace by the correct data, both IP or Domain, as well as passwords).
It has a couple of parameters added, which I use to skip some folders that are not needed (at least for my need)

Linux
./imapsync --host1 111.111.111.111 --user1 [email protected] --password1 “PassWordOldServer” --host2 222.222.222.222 --user2 [email protected] --password2 “PassWordNewServer” --exclude "(? i ) \ b (Junk | Spam | Trash) \ b "

Windows
imapsync.exe --host1 111.111.111.111 --user1 [email protected] --password1 “PassWordOldServer” --host2 222.222.222.222 --user2 [email protected] --password2 “PassWordNewServer” --exclude "(? i ) \ b (Junk | Spam | Trash) \ b "

The more difficult option would be copying the data folder over place it the correct folders (Same method used by v-restore-user)

I too am using imapsync because I find it quite useful :slight_smile:
You can also consider having a separate VPS to handle the emails. This way you will not have to deal with the heavy task of moving emails around every time you need to change / upgrade / etc your hestia server.

I think imapsync is your best bet. Try with a test account and dry run. If you have a lot of email, you can select date range (eg, all mail older than one year first, then the rest).

If you really don’t like that, your other options would be rsyncing the files over ssh (if they’re in the same mailbox format), or using dovecot sync which would need dovecot on your source server, and commandline access.