New installation 1.4.1

hello I’m sorry I don’t want to ask stupid questions at all … I read the documentation but I still couldn’t figure out how to install the new installation version 1.4.1 … please direct me here is an example
sudo bash hst-install-ubuntu.sh -e [email protected] -p 1RwdQ --apache yes --nginx yes --phpfpm yes --multiphp yes --vsftpd yes --proftpd no --named yes --mysql yes --postgresql no --exim yes --dovecot yes --clamav yes --spamassassin yes --iptables yes --fail2ban yes --quota no --api yes --force no --interactive yes --with-debs no --port 8083 --hostname ger.smg.ork --lang en

sudo bash hst-install.sh -e [email protected] -p 1RwdQ --apache yes --nginx yes --phpfpm yes --multiphp yes --vsftpd yes --proftpd no --named yes --mysql yes --postgresql no --exim yes --dovecot yes --clamav yes --spamassassin yes --iptables yes --fail2ban yes --quota no --api yes --force no --interactive yes --with-debs no --port 8083 --hostname ger.smg.ork --lang en

I can see it but I don’t understand it at all
Example: bash hst-install-ubuntu.sh -e [email protected] -p p4ssw0rd --multiphp yes

tell me what’s wrong here … direct me in advance thank you

The right syntax for the installer is here Getting Started — Hestia Control Panel documentation

So if you need to install hestia with multi php (that is by default not installed), you mayy want to run

bash hst-install.sh -o yes

You don’t need to set arguments that are installed by default.

Unable to detect netplan configuration.

It’s a clean fresh Debian or Ubuntu installation where you are trying to install Hestia?

Ubuntu 20.04

Clean or not?

of course

WARNING: Your network configuration may not be set up correctly.
Details: The netplan configuration directory is empty.

You may have a network configuration file that was created using
systemd-networkd.

It is strongly recommended to migrate to netplan, which is now the
default network configuration system in newer releases of Ubuntu.

While you can leave your configuration as-is, please note that you
will not be able to use additional IPs properly.

If you wish to continue and force the installation,
run this script with -f option:
Example: bash hst-install-ubuntu.sh --force

!!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!!

Error: Unable to detect netplan configuration.

So, just to be sure, you are running by SSH the installer from root in a fresh clean Ubuntu installation.

Ok, so according with the error message you posted above, try to check here networking - Netplan throws an error when attempting to load a config file, provides no details about what the error is - Ask Ubuntu

Or Google it because I am not an Ubuntu-user.

I believe your best option is to rebuild your machine once and re-try (if is an option for you).

I reinstall Ubuntu: 20.04 enter the command sudo apt update & & sudo apt upgrade then wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/release/install/hst-install.sh
then apt-get update & & apt-get install ca-certificates and try bash hst-install.sh -o yes and bash hst-install-ubuntu.sh -o yes

Yea but your problem is with Ubuntu only, not at all with Hestia or the installer itself.

So get some info from your logs and try the commands from the link. Maybe it’s just there, no clue.

thank you I will try … you don’t know how to install Hestia 1.3.5 ?

I would suggest to fix your problem before to just roll-back to 1.3.5 because “before was working”.

If you don’t fix it now, you will fix tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. So better to not waste time, just my opinion :wink:

Anyway, here you are

Good luck! :slight_smile:

thanks for the help :grin:

Issue with the firewall is caused by an older bug only it wasn’t "noticeable but got activated by calling an v-update-firewall and removing an file. Working on a fix now (And testing it off-course)

1 Like

I have two servers with 3 gigabytes of RAM, one I updated and and noticed that iptables does not work, I started it forcibly but it is at zero 0 minutes of work … and thank you for your work … I will launch a new project someday and I will thank you for it :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 Like