Nginx PHP-FPM + Apache as Backend

Please tell me Which is Best
nginx PHP-FPM + Apache as Backend?
or
nginx PHP-FPM?

What is advantage nginx PHP-FPM + Apache as Backend?

I’ve 1v Cpu + 1GB RAM from DO which is best setup for me?

If you are running low on memory then dont install apache.

I use Apache because I host lots of small wordpress sites and some plugins need access to .htaccess to work properly.

Also consider increasing that ram I think you are below the minimum hestia specs.

1 Like

1 Gb is fine for web only if you need antivirus at least 3gb

1 Like

I’ve Install with This Command –
sudo bash hst-install.sh --apache yes --phpfpm yes --multiphp yes --vsftpd yes --proftpd no --named no --mysql yes --postgresql no --exim no --dovecot no --sieve no --clamav no --spamassassin no --iptables no --fail2ban no --quota yes --api yes --interactive yes --with-debs no --port 8083 --lang en

1 GB should be enough disabling Apache2 is slightly faster…

1 Like

You might want exim to allow web pages to send emails otherwise you will have to configure the webpages to connect via smtp to a mail server.

1 Like

Now I need any Other option?
sudo bash hst-install.sh --phpfpm yes --multiphp yes --vsftpd yes --proftpd no --named no --mysql yes --postgresql no --exim yes --dovecot no --sieve no --clamav no --spamassassin no --iptables no --fail2ban no --quota yes --api yes --interactive yes --with-debs no --port 8083 --lang en

apache not Included

Are you sure you don’t want iptables and fail2ban. You can get hacked.

At least iptables and open only certain ports unless your hosting provider has a firewall

1 Like

I’ve using DO Firewall

DO firewall does not protect against brute force

So always install it …

2 Likes

Please suggest me for best lightweight & secure installation - - nginx + PHP-FPM on 1vCpu + 1gb ram

Nginx + PHP-FPM + Mysql + Iptables + Fail2ban + Exim

Quota is not needed…

2 Likes

sudo bash hst-install.sh --apache no --phpfpm yes --multiphp yes --vsftpd yes --proftpd no --named no --mysql yes --postgresql no --exim yes --dovecot no --sieve no --clamav no --spamassassin no --iptables yes --fail2ban yes --quota yes --api yes --interactive yes --with-debs no --port 8083

Please Check — i’ve Select quota for Multi User and Multi Packages, can quota is need / helpful for Packages Limitations???

No the only “reason” to use Quota if you want an hard limit for the disk limit. If you don’t need it don’t install it…

Even with quotas disabled Hestia will still keep track of usage and limit the number of domains, databases. Only thing that are not enforced are disk size limits.

1 Like

Help me please — How to Change Default php 8 to Php 7.4?

Wait till next release…

1 Like

I’ve change using this – sudo update-alternatives --config php

can i face any Problem?

my websites was runing with litespeed webserver wich allow .htaccess but when i managed to hestia and nginx it’s the hell for me, No htaccess and can’t find a sollution to configure the cache, i have tested all plugin but no one work for me, should i re-install hestia with apache ?