Nginx reverse proxy won't restart

Hi,
this morning i found my sites down , so when i inestigate i see that apache2 webserver is dead and won’t to restart so i did this command:

1. sudo apt-get purge apache2
    1. sudo apt-get install apache2
      then i found also that Nginx reverse proxy won’t restart , so i did the same command for nginx but still not working
      please any help and tell me how can i reinstall hestia cp without loosing my data ?

Make sure to replace apache2.conf found in /usr/local/hestia/install/deb/apache2/

please explain more , i’m newbe , how to replace apache2.conf found in /usr/local/hestia/install/deb/apache2/ ???
i’m using ubunto 20.04
regards

rm /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
cp /usr/local/hestia/install/deb/apache2/apache2.conf /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

still cannot understand how to do it , please be patient with me and tell me step by step what should i do , like :
step 1 connect to ssh
Step 2 write the command …

regards

Please have a look at Please read this, before you start!

1. SSH into your server
  2. sudo rm /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
  3. sudo cp /usr/local/hestia/install/deb/apache2/apache2.conf /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

line 2 removes the configuration file.
line 3 copies the configuration file back to the apache2 directory

I have the same problem when I checked the server after the update, off line nginx not running, all i ever do is restore a backup and try again (sometimes works with no issues, kinda temperamental).

I always check if the servers up after updates… :slight_smile:
I host from home my own websites so its not like I have clients websites on this server

apache2 was working on mine but I can not start nginx still after upgrading again…

nothings showing in the logs at all

i think that the remove of the configuration file will not solve the problem
so i have downloaded the Backup file then reinstalled the hole vps and hestiacp then i restored the backup file via ssh command.
the server was runing well , don’t know how this problem came.

thank you very much

The above solution didnt work for me as well.

I ended up restoring a servet backup and it just works, no idea whats going on there lol