Not Able to Setup Let's Encrypt on the panel!

Command not found!

First it is host and not hcp

Second:

Try full path

/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-add-letsencrypt-host

Nope, it’s still not secure!

Once again, share ALL informations with us!!! We cant access your server and dont see what you’re exactly doing, just to write “not secure” helps nobody.

What all information do you need?

Also step by step what you’ve done and what you’ve got as reply from the system. Also please be aware of Please read this, before you start! as I’m currently not sure, if Hestia is the “right” product for you.

No, there are not error output.

Another problem that I’m facing right now is that I’m unable to access phpMyAdmin!

You’re probably right in saying hestia is not for me! I will give it one last try failing which I plan to switch to aapanel.

Could be a cached SSL insecure connection on your browser.

Try from a different device because your LE should be up and running.

If it works from a different device, then you will be able to connect via ssl when your browser cache expires or if you clean it.

As for the phpmyadmin you are not providing any information.

How are you trying to access phpmyadmin? Clicking a button, putting /phpmyadmin at the end of an url?
What error do you get? White screen? Error 403, 404, 500?

If I clear my cache, will it work? I need to tell you though that I cleared the cache and tried opening the panel on the Edge browser, but the problem remains!

As for the phpmyadmin, When I’m trying to access it, it’s giving me a 404 error!

I’m clicking the button on the panel.

Sometimes I ask myself, why we’re even try to provide docs: Database — Hestia Control Panel documentation

Try your mobile phone

When I tried mydomain/phypadmin, it’s gave me a “access denied” message!

phpmyadmin--error

No idea, not able to reproduce at all. Create db, user, take hostname.domain.tld/phpmyadmin and login.

Also, first update/ upgrade your system and reboot…

sudo v-add-letsencrypt-myhostname
I have had this problem from time to time, just like sometimes the email wont send etc, I just do a reinstall and it sorts it out, might be corrupting a file when downloading.

for phpmyadmin use the base domain like this
domain.com/phpmyadmin

dont use something.domain.com/phpmyadmin

The problem of the hestia panel not having an SSL certificate still remains!

How do I reinstall?

Format the server and install hestia again.

Please don’t be offended by this post, because my only purpose is to warn you that this product may not be good for you.

First of all, it seems that you don’t have the basic Linux sysadmin skills. The most basic of which is to be able to follow some guides. I base this assumption on the fact that you tried to use the non existent command v-add-letsencrypt-myhostname (no idea where you saw this). The correct command is v-add-letsencrypt-host as you can read here v-acknowledge-user-notification — Hestia Control Panel documentation

Then you tried to use the sudo -v -add -letsencrypt -hostname (no idea where you saw this either) which is not at all a command. Linux commands (usually) don’t start with a dash. Most of the times parameters start with the dash and parameters come after the command. And sudo is not considered a command per se. It’s just a way to run a command with elevated rights. This is some basic knowledge you need to have.

Then you were given the correct command (v-add-lets-encrypt-host) by you typed something different (v-add-lets-encrypt-hcp). Still not able to follow some clear instructions.

Later on you expected to have an SSL certificate for an IP address, when it’s common knowledge that Let’s Encrypt do not provide certificates for IP addresses. I can understand that this may be news to you, since it’s a bit more “advanced” knowledge, so let’s move on.

The descriptions of the problems you are facing are extremely vague. No-one can guess what you have done, what you see and what you expected to see. You need to put some effort to fully explain what you have done, where you have clicked, what URL you tried to visit, what error message you got.

Next up is that I noticed that you have just 2h reading time on this forum. Which might suggest that you didn’t pay enough attention or didn’t really tried to solve the problem by searching before asking questions. Some questions have been answered a lot of times in the past, so it is just a waste of time, both yours and the members’’ of this forum.

As I said right at the start, I have no intention to offend you or scare you away. I only need to tell you that if you intend to use this product, then you really need to try more.

6 Likes