Open_basedir restriction in effect after update to 1.4.9

I recently updated to 1.4.9 from 1.4.7 and on one of my sites encounter a open_basedir restriction in effect. This wasn’t there before, and all other sites running on my server are working fine.

file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/user_content/organiser_images/book-inme-logo-1.png) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/bookinme/web/bookings.book-in.me/public_html:/home/bookinme/web/bookings.book-in.me/private:/home/bookinme/web/bookings.book-in.me/public_shtml:/home/bookinme/tmp:/var/www/html:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/share:/opt) (View: /home/bookinme/web/bookings.book-in.me/public_html/resources/views/Public/ViewEvent/Partials/EventOrganiserSection.blade.php)

I’m running Debian 10.10 and php 7.3 and 7.4.

We did not update any open based in 1.4.7, 1.4.8 and 1.4.9

If the default template is used in 1.4.4 we changed it from:

php_admin_value[open_basedir] = /home/%user%/web/%domain%/public_html:/home/%user%/web/%domain%/private:/home/%user%/web/%domain%/public_shtml:/home/%user%/tmp:/var/www/html:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/etc/phppgadmin:/etc/roundcube:/var/lib/roundcube:/tmp:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/share:/opt

to

php_admin_value[open_basedir] = /home/%user%/web/%domain%/public_html:/home/%user%/web/%domain%/private:/home/%user%/web/%domain%/public_shtml:/home/%user%/tmp:/var/www/html:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/share:/opt

We have removed: /etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/etc/phppgadmin:/etc/roundcube:/var/lib/roundcube:/tmp

Just checked - my error it was v1.4.5 to v1.4.9. I’m just trying to figure out how to resolve.

I see two potential causes of your issue. Nr. 1 is that you maybe have manualy disabled open_basedir directly in the config file (/home/user/conf/web) or Nr.2 that you got a wrong include of your script or cms - which is visible in your log (/user_content/organiser_images/book-inme-logo-1.png)