Php system version

Sunny weekend!
Excellent mood, positive emotions to all colleagues, Hestia brothers.

Dear colleagues, tell me please.
Can you help me clarify what I’m missing.
I would like to understand the difference between PHP version settings in “system settings” or “domain settings”

I set PHP version 7.4 in “System settings” HestiaPanel
Check PHP version: php -v
“PHP version 7.4”

I need pdo_sqlite module
Install the module via apt-get
apt install php7.4-sqlite3
Check PHP modules: php -m
OK : pdo_sqlite

And I’m trying to launch the site. Unsuccessfully!
I check in console PHP -m
among the modules there is pdo_sqlite: Ok

Then I go to the site settings and choose PHP version 7.4 of there and then everything works.

Please tell me what is the difference

Thank you With best wishes

Hello @MrMax ,

PHP in system setting means any new account you create will be same general php version unless you modify it Manually same you did above .

per domain php is per domain php :slight_smile: simply you choose the required version if you already have multiple PHP versions installed while installing Hestia

Thanks for your reply
I now understand why the silence in the thread.
Because my question says for me that I’m a fool.

I had in mind a slightly different question, so I will be more careful and say in more general terms.

If I use version 7.4 in the system settings and set the default version for the domain, then the site does not work.

If I set the version for the domain to 7.4 in the domain settings, then the site works.

Version 7.4 system. According to you, this means that every new site created will have version 7.4
Then the site doesn’t work.
I set 7.4 in the domain settings and then it works.

That’s where my question is.

System Php version will make you choose the php version for the domains if you set multiple php versions.

For e.g, having set php 7.4 will be shown as an option in the fpm php template. So, if you set different php versions from the system, they will all be available to the domains and you’ll need just to choose the desiered php version.

Hope it makes sense to you.

When the default version of PHP is specified in the package settings, then when creating the domain, the default version is specified in the domain settings.
Then if in the panel settings the system version PHP 7.4, this means that the new domain will work with the version PHP 7.4
Please say it’s true if it’s true.
Then, at my request, if there are several versions of PHP after creating the domain, I can choose other versions, but this is the next step.
So here is my question.
When the version PHP7.4 is set in the system settings, and Default is specified in the domain settings, the site does not work.
However, this implies that version 7.4 is provided since there is a system one.
Say it’s true if it’s true.
So, only if, after creating the domain, I want to change the version and send 7.4 in the domain settings, only then the site starts working.
In other words
The same version of PHP 7.4 is provided for the site, but in different ways.
The first way the site does not work.
The second way the site works.
What is the difference ?

Respectfully,

default template is the system version by default currently 8.0 (7.4 on older systems)

If you select a template in the package settings it should select by default that php version

Yes, well you are right.
Example with a server that had a system version of 7.4
In earlier versions of the panel.

So. System version 7.4.
I go to the console
~# php -v
~# apt install pdo-sqlite3
~# php -m

pdo_sqlite

I go to the site settings, PHP version set “Default”

The site is not working.

Then I set the version PHP 7.4 in the domain settings, then the site works.
I understand that the version of PHP is installed in the system, and the rest is just a matter of settings.
If there is PHP 7.4, then either it is selected as “System version” or version for the domain, the difference is the same
What is the difference

“php” command uses a different ini file then php.ini

Create a file and write <?php phpinfo(); and visit it via the browser. So you are able to see what php version is load and the module is loaded correctly

Ok, thank you!