phpMyAdmin Login Password

Hi, I am new to Hestia and this forum, I need to know what the phpmyadmin login credentials are? I find them in ( nano /usr/local/hestia/conf/mysql.conf ) but when i login to phpmyadmin i receive an error ( mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/1698): Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ ) I have tried changing the password via Sever-Configure-Databases and while the password changes in the mysql.conf file i still see the login error as stated above.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks and regards

/usr/local/hestia/conf/mysql.conf is the correct location…

Are you able to create a database via webUI?

Hi

Ive reinstalled using nginx only, everything seems to be working correctly so far. However when I use the phpmyadmin link on the control panel it gives a Page not found error (http://45.148.30.126/phpmyadmin/) when I use my domain name it works. Is there a way to change the “quick link address” to my domain instead of the IP?

By default use hostname.com/phpmyadmin/

ip/phpmyadmin will get removed from Apache2 by default in next release as it might be a security hazard…

did you reinstalled your os aswell or just “reinstalled” hestia while rerun the install script with --force/-f? If the second one, i strongly suggest to reinstall the server aswell and start from there.

1 Like

Maybe we could include a fail2ban jail for that in hestia.

You also can’t enable ssl for ip/phpmyadmin/ making is vulnerable for man in the middle attack…

Hi yes Ive reinstalled the OS as well, only thing like I said was the link for phpmyadmin on the control panel directs to the IP address by default. I have to physically type mydomain.com/phpmy… in the address bar to access phpmyadmin, Its not a big deal, just wondering if there was a way to update the link to redirect to mydomain/phpmyadmin instead of IP/phpmyadmin

I assume you access the pannel of ip use you hostname instead