Plugin : File System Disk Quota

Hi,

I don’t know what is Plugin : File System Disk Quota?
What is it use for?

I’ll try to enable it, but it comes with error:
lnstalling required kernel modules for quota support…
Error: kernel module installation failed

Thank you.

apt-get -qq install linux-image-extra-virtual -y

And then reboot

Thank you eris.

Hi, I can’t do this ini Debian.

Unable to locate package linux-image-extra-virtual

Do u know the other way to do it?

Please create an issue on Github so we can sort it out…

essentially quota offers a (hard) limitation on usable disk space per user. so it is exactly what the name implies - a quota :man_shrugging:

@ockythegooner please be more informative:

• what debian are you using
  • how did you install (providers template, iso, …)
  • is this by any chance a container (ovz/lxc) because if so it’s relying on the hostnodes kernel and specific settings, which means most likely not supported for your VM then
  • what filesystem are you using anyway?

keep in mind:

• the package mentioned by @eris does not exists in debian, only ubuntu.
  • normally quota should work just fine on debian, however you should enable it already during hestia install
  • you might need to adjust your /etc/fstab to enable it per mount point.

@falzo this is my data:

• I’m using Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
  • Standard installation via SSH using wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/release/install/hst-install.sh
  • I’m using ext4
  • this is my fstab content
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    none /dev/pts devpts rw,gid=5,mode=620 0 0
    none /run/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0

Thank you.

with ‘how did you install’ I meant, how did you install your OS? (and not hestia) :roll_eyes:

also the fstab content is either incomplete or does not show any ext4 partition nor other info about the root system, which seems very unlikely, unless this is just a container.
therefore again: is this a LXC or OVZ vserver? → no quota support, because the host would need to have that enabled then.

It’s OpenVZ, and I installed OS using my Virtualizor panel.

yeah as said, containers use the hosts kernel and filesystem. so you would need to make sure, that quota is enabled and passed through from your host to the guest, before you can try again. or just use a KVM guest instead.

sorry, but this is nothing Hestia can do for you, that’s rather a prerequisite you have to take of yourself :wink:

Thank you very much for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.