Proper way to add another IP

Hi There,
I have a server with single ip include NAT ip. What is the proper way to add another IP? Just the External no NAT is needed.
No mater what i did the website (with the new ip) get redirected to a general page " Success! Your new web server is ready to use."

For demonstration this is what i get when I run “v-list-sys-ips”

IP MASK NAT STATUS
192.168.0.100 255.255.255.0 123.456.789.111 shared

I’m using Debian 10 with Hestiacp 1.2.4.
Thanks

There is a know bug in v-add-sys-ip

See https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/pull/1172/commits/9432aaff9fc18f58ff9a1ccf5bd8b3306ab87482

Patch that file first and then v-add-sys-ip or use interface in the admin

Thanks eris! I tried that already. Still not working.

I can see the new ip on the panel,
I can see the file /etc/network/interfaces.conf is updated correctly.
I can see the apache conf of the domain updated with the new ip.

Why the site get redirect to the general Success page?

On direct ip access, you’ll always see the success message, not the website itself.

Thanks ScIT! I didn’t come from the ip … I was testing with sub-domain. When i change the web settings back to the original IP it’s start working again.

Hmm, that’s weird, havent worked yet much with additional ips, maybe @eris has some more ideas.

I found “The proper way” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If your first ip is with NAT, Then you have to create the second ip with NAT.
The panel uses the internal ip for the vhosts.

1 Like

I have the same problem, but I do not understand your solution.

I am using Hestia v1.4.3 and I want to assign floating IP aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa with Anchor IP bbb.bbb.bbb.bbb in Digital Ocean VPS.

In the “Edit IP Address” page for Anchor IP bbb.bbb.bbb.bbb, I have added NAT IP aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa.

But I still get the “Server Success”-page and not the web pages of any web domain.

I do not find het NAT IP in any config files that are generated by hestia.

What do I do wrong?

Hi yapsr, I don’t have experience with floating ips on DO. Is it dynamically changes for the droplets? If so this is something you have to check how they interact with the “interfaces” file.
Can you run “v-list-sys-ips”?

Hi schiwe,

Thank you for your hint.

Floating IP is used to quickly point a public IP to a different VPS. It works like this: Floating IPs :: DigitalOcean Documentation

The publicly accessible floating IP is mapped to one specific IP of the VPS, which is called the “anchor IP”.

It turns out the anchor IP is private, in my case 10.18.x.x. I mistakenly thought it was the public IP, but apparently it’s not. You can find this in the meta data runing curl -s http://169.254.169.254/metadata/v1/interfaces/public/0/anchor_ipv4/address from the command line in the VPS.

So the concrete solution in Hestia is to edit the private anchor ip address 10.18.x.x and set the NAT IP association to the public floating IP. All web domains that should listen to the floating IP should be set to this floating ip.

Okay so your private ip is called “anchor” and your external is “floating”.
If the anchor and floating IPs are static, Then you should be fine add a new ip to HestiaCP With NAT.