Rclone & Backblaze issues

Hi guys !

First of all, the following problem only occurs with the “admin” user.
I have tried with common users (who do not have admin role) and everything works fine.

In the user “admin” I have this cronjob: rclone sync “/backup” “hcpbackup:b2bucket/folder”

The files upload is done correctly in Backblaze, but what is not done well is the deletion of the old files in Backblaze (they should be deleted because I’m doing a “sync”)

In the Rclone log I found these errors:
2023/04/17 23:12:15 ERROR : B2 bucket b2bucket path backup: not deleting files as there were IO errors
2023/04/17 23:12:15 ERROR : B2 bucket b2bucket path backup: not deleting directories as there were IO errors

Searching the documentation and the Rclone Forum I found that the “–ignore-errors” flag should fix the problem because this flag does: “Delete even if there are I/O errors”

Using the “–ignore-errors” flag, the above errors disappeared from the Rclone log, but the problem persists, that is, the files or directories on the destination (Backblaze) are not deleted.

I have searched in other forums, but apart from that flag, I have not found any solution.

Has something like this happened to anyone?
Has anybodey a cronjob using Rclone with user “admin”?

Thanks and good week!

We have support for RCLONE in the current 1.7.x release:

So it will copy directly over to B2 via RCLONE…

1 Like

Thank you Eris.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.