Recommened way to upgrade MariaDB

I have Ubuntu 22.04 and plan the upgrade to 24.04. However, upon looking at the documentation it mentions “Verify that MariaDB is running at least version 11.4. If not, first upgrade to this version in your current operating system!”

What is the recommended way to upgrade MariaDB. Can I simply change the mariadb.list to 11.4 and do apt update && apt upgrade and Do I need to add a new keyring? There is also a script upgrade_mariadb.sh under the manual folder. Can I just change the version on that and run it?

While I am at it. My other server uses Mysql, is there any updates I need to do there?

Thanks for the help.

Yes.

If apt update doesn’t show any error with the MariaDB repo, then you don’t need to add anything.

I wouldn’t use it, just change the version in the repo. But make sure you have backups of everything, just in case.

I don’t think so but I don’t use MySQL, also don’t know what’s your current version.

Thanks for the help. I will try that and see if I get any issues.

As for the Mysql server it is using 8.0.46 but I did not see anything mentioned in the documentation about that.