Registros de Email SPF, DKIM y DMARC

Hi how are things.
It is possible that you tell me how or where I should configure the SPF, DKIM records. and DMARC

I have no idea how to do it or where I should do it, nor what should I put.

Can you help me, please.

Tienes que añadir un registro de texto (TXT) a tu dominio por cada uno de ellos apuntando a la raíz del mismo. Por ejemplo:

@ TXT 14400 "v=spf1 mx -all"

Esto debes hacerlo desde donde tengas la gestiĂłn del dominio, que puede ser tu registrador o tu HestiaCP.

1 Like

If you have the DNS created in HestiaCP, the records are created automatically (SPF), the DMARC and DKMI records must be activated from the email section (in the domain).

Thanks for the reply.

I have multiple domains hosted on Linode with HestiaCP.

It has an option to Create TXT Record, where it asks me for the following data:
hostname: Value, TTL.
in host name: I put for example servpc.cl or @TXT 14400,
in Value : “v=spf1 mx -all”
in TTL: the following options appear:
Default.
30 seconds
2 minutes
5 minutes
1 hour
2 hours
4 hours…
1 day
2 days
4 days
1 week
2 weeks
4 weeks.
I think I should leave default.
Can you verify the options that I should put, and I should put the TXT in each of the domains, right?

Thank you ablanco for your answer.

First of all, sorry for the translation, if it’s not right (I’m using Google translate, I don’t know English)
I am going to upload some images of how the DNS of a domain in Hestia are, to see if you can help me please, and tell me what is missing or what is wrong, since I have some problems with the delivery of emails.
If it weren’t too much trouble, can you explain the step by step to me, please.

Follow this guide:

Excuse my ignorance, but I am more lost.
I explain. I have several domains hosted on Linode, in them I create the domains and in the domain provider I put the following ns.
ns1.linode.com and so on up to ns5.

Then I go to Hestia and create the accounts. in hestia I have created Default Nameservers
ns1.servpcspa.com and
ns2.servpcspa.com. Now this domain does not exist servpcspa.com is not registered, it has something to do with that.

Another point: when entering Hestia and seeing the hosted domains, I find MAIL / domains: 1/1(0) and they are in red Antivirus and AbtiSpam, DKIM is in green SSL in red.
And in other domains they are all green.
How do I activate those that are in Red? I think that’s where my business goes.

The other thing, the DNS are in linode.com, I leave an image.

(Translated with Google)

The domain registrar sets the official DNS server.

For now it is linode.

Either:
Use linode server
Or use hestia server

All the changes applied to your hestiaCP DNS config won’t take place until you tell your registrar to use your hestiaCP server as the DNS server

Now please follow the guide I provided in the link and you will have finished in less than 30 minutes

Sorry, I didn’t understand much of the guide.

1.- ns1.servpcspa.com
ns2.servpcspa.com
(Sorry, I had said before that this domain did not exist), I
I was wrong, it was someone else who doesn’t exist.
These are the name servers that I have in HestiaCP. is
Alright?

2.- Do I have to delete all the NS Record from Linode.com?

3.- All changes applied to your hestiaCP DNS configuration will not take place until you tell your registrar to use your hestiaCP server as DNS server.
How do I do this on linode.com?

Sorry, I didn’t understand much of the guide.

1.- ns1.servpcspa.com
ns2.servpcspa.com
(Sorry, I had said before that this domain did not exist), I
I was wrong, it was someone else who doesn’t exist.
These are the name servers that I have in HestiaCP. is
Alright?

2.- Do I have to delete all the NS Record from Linode.com?

3.- All changes applied to your hestiaCP DNS configuration will not take place until you tell your registrar to use your hestiaCP server as DNS server.
How do I do this on linode.com?

4.- Should I delete A/AAAA Record?

please forgive my ignorance

I don’t have access to a PC now, but I don’t like the ns entries. I think that they would have to point to an IP but I can’t confirm now.

Short answer yes

Long answer:

The domain registrar sets the official DNS server.

For now it is linode.

Either:
Use linode server
Or use hestia server

All the changes applied to your hestiaCP DNS config won’t take place until you tell your registrar to use your hestiaCP server as the DNS server

3 - ask linode

The AAAA yes, the A looks good

Maybe this is not related to what you’re asking but:

1. Are trying to install and use SMTP mail server?

or

1. PHP mail server??

If not related, plz ignore the question :bowing_man:

Thanks for your interest.

What I am trying to do is that the emails sent do not fall into spam, or do not bounce, therefore I have to see how to solve it, adding SPF, DKIM and DMARC

Sorry to take your time.
I’m new to this stuff and there are things I still don’t understand.

For example, which are the A and which are the AAA, are the 2 together in the image that I attached.

On the other hand I don’t understand this: Linode is supposed to be the server and HestiaCP is the admin panel. You tell me:
O well:
use linode server
or use hestia server

then I get lost there.

Sorry, I seem to understand:
Add A MX Record, do not delete
ADD An A/AAAA Record I must delete them.

And Add An NS Record, should I leave them or delete them?

These are SMTP mailing characteristics to have a hosted site to give you their SPF, DKIM and etc details!

If you use your original host SPF, DKIM and etc, you’ll likely to have everything delivered to your users through webmail which is ready-to-use in your Hestia CP as soon as installed correctly, which is in the case php mailing system.

SMTP needs contracts and regular payments except GMAIL which is free but not that good if you ask me!
PHP mail is free included in Hestia installation!

Still, not clear what you want to do! Tell us more to help you go on to next step :wink:

Thanks for clarifying this.
I have HestiaCP installed on linode.com, and in another answer they tell me that I have to have HestiaCP used in linode, and I don’t know how to do it, where do I put HestiaCP in linode?

Can you tell me what should I do?

see this https://docs.hestiacp.com/

Thanks for your help, I went through the documentation and couldn’t find anything that could fix my problem.
Thank you very much and apologize for any inconvenience.

I’m afraid of spoiling something, I have several clients that I don’t want to suffer because of my ignorance and not being able to solve the inconvenience of mailings.

I will try to find a solution to the SPF, DKIM and DMARC records

You can just copy what’s in here under the DNS to Cloudflare or where ever you want to use it.
I can see how to activate DKIM, and you can use tools to generate example, like ChatGPT, and then just update with your own values. However it was very difficult to find out the key for DKIM, which is hidden under DNS Records icon.

In general UI is not user friendly. There is a room for improvement here.
I took me a while to understand what each of these icon mean.
There are tooltips, so you need to hover and wait to see or click to see what you get. Last two icons don’t have tooltip, but they are kind of obvious.
Although in general it appears to be a good alternative, UX has some problems.