Sendmail_path fails to change

Hello!

I want to change the sendmail_path to /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i. I have changed the php.ini file from HestiaCP - PHP settings, but when I run phpinfo() function it still displays as: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f [email protected]. I want to edit the [email protected] to set the proper email and change sendmail_path. Where I can find this file location? Thank you.

OK. To change admin email, I have to edit the apache config file: /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf. Also, I have found a solution: grep sendmail_path /etc/php/7.X/fpm/pool.d/DOMAIN.TLD.conf to change the sendmail_path.
The issue is resolved. Thank you.

You shouldn’t change the pool config file directly, it will get overwritten if you make any changes to that domain in the panel or when hestiacp updates. You should create a new php template for it and change that directive there.

Templates are in /usr/local/hestia/data/templates/web/php-fpm directory(at least it is for my installation which is nginx only, but yours should be somewhere around the same area), the php template will be PHP-7_X.tpl, copy it into a new file and change the line:

php_admin_value[sendmail_path] = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f admin@%domain%

Then rebuild that web domain. This is the proper way to do it.

4 Likes

Hello!
I successfully changed the PHP-7_X.tpl file. Thank you.

PHP-7_X.tpl will get overwritten each update…

Create a new unique name…

custom-PHP-7_X.tpl

2 Likes

Ok . I have created custom-PHP-7_X.tpl file with all required changed. I would like to know: HestiaCP supports AfterLogic mail client or only RoundCube? Thank you.

We currently support only Roudcube / Rainloop

You can add any thing what you want:

Ok. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.