Setting AWStats takes a long time

Hello,

unfortunately i found a bug again. i have set AWStats on a domain and it has been loading for half an hour now, the panel’s hung up. The web pages are still online, though. Why is AWStats 7.8 not used?

Tested on Hestia master with Ubuntu 18.04.

edit: After about half an hour it is ready and the panel reloads. In AWStats I see the following message above:
“Flush history file on disk (unique url reach flush limit of 5000) Flush history file on disk (unique url reach flush limit of 5000) Flush history file on disk (unique url reach flush limit of 5000) Flush history file on disk (unique url reach flush limit of 5000) Flush history file on disk (unique url reach flush limit of 5000)”
and more text.

This “bug” is not related to Hestia but instead to inefficiency of Awstats to handle large logs.

Step 1 Check in /var/log/apache2/domains/ the file size
Step 2 If they are large (over a few gb should be no problem) consider to delete them and try again

Optional Consider to modify /etc/logrotate.d/apache2 from weekly to rotate the logs daily

1 Like

ok, thanks. nevertheless you could install the latest version of Awstats :slightly_smiling_face:. Furthermore I have seen that only the total number of unique visitors are displayed. Wouldn’t it be better to show this daily?

This is not related to hestia, this display settings are comming from awstats.

We install the Awstats package from the Ubuntu repository and there the current version is 7.6. Unless we build our own packages we can’t control the versions…

You are free to build you own version…

I just hope everything is safe :slightly_smiling_face:. With Apache you have switched to the latest version and I believe that it works much better with the current version :smirk:.

https://awstats.sourceforge.io/docs/awstats_changelog.txt

According to the changelog, security holes were already closed in 7.7.

@eris already answered it…

Also awstats does not provide a own repository, we can’t maintain every single package on our own, this is not the part of hestia.