Should seive / managesieve work out of the box?

Hi,

Should managedsieve work out of the box? I’m trying to get it working. I can see:

Looking on my server in /etc/dovecot/sieve , I can see 20-managesieve.conf etc. However, it doesn’t seem to be doing anything. What am I missing? I’ve looked around at loads of posts (not on here), and they say about enabling LMTP, and things like that - but the fact you have those files in the installer makes me think it should be simpler than that to get going?

FWIW, this is what I get from:

dovecot -n | grep pro
protocols = imap pop3 sieve imap lmtp sieve pop3
ssl_min_protocol = TLSv1.2
protocol imap {
protocol pop3 {

Thanks!

Andy

Add -Z yes during the install or run:

1 Like

Amazing! Thanks! I wish I’d seen that option when installing. That seems to have done most of it. I have setup a filter in Roundcube:

Then sent an email from the said test filters account. It comes through ok, but ends up in the Inbox still. Is there any manual steps I need to take? I can see the /home/xxx/mail/xxx.com/test/sieve/managesieve.sieve file exists

require ["fileinto"];
# rule:[SPAM]
if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "YES"
{
	fileinto "INBOX.Spam";
}
# rule:[dsfsdfsdf]
if allof (header :contains "from" "[email protected]")
{
	fileinto "bla";
}

Yet it doesn’t seem to do it?

UPDATE: Scrap that - it works! Not sure why my last test didn’t, but the one I just did works perfectly now. Thank you so much! I must have spent 12 hours trying to get that going over the last couple of days!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.