Sieve for roundcube

Everyone is missing the point. I guess I’m not explaining properly. Roundcube 1.4.10 cones with the Elastic Skin installed as the default. The Elastic skin works fine.
In the plugins directory there is the managesieve directory. In the managesieve directory there is a skins directory. In the skins directory, there there are 2… classic and larry. There is no elastic skin for managesieve and I can’t find one anywhere. Using roundcube with the Elastic skin means the managesieve will not work.

Yes but if 99 % wants to have Elastic theme and 1% uses Sieve… Why should we leave it to version that is hopeless outdated. Sieve plugin hasn’t been updated for 5 years. You are free to not manually upgrade or change your skin to Larry.

Then create a bug report @roundcube. This is an 3rd party app where we don’t have control over.
We got a lot of issue with users accidentally upgradeing roundcube config files / or it is not working. ATP version is always xx months behind and we would like to give the users the best experience. It might be possible that for this reason.

Other option is to hire a developer who want to fix the issues you have and share the code with Roundcube so it may included.

Don’t forget no developer get paid for work the do on Hestia. And I am not able to fix the issues due to the fact I don’t use the plugin, have time for it and see the need for it to fix it…

1 Like

Can’t you just copy a managesieve compatible skin and activate it?

As for the discussion.

No one uses Sieve because it is complicated to implement but I am sure many people would if they had it configured.

Who wouldn’t want to have their emails classified in all devices automatically.

I completely understand that. I will add it to my hire-a-programmer list. Who knows… maybe someday I will have the money.

Maybe we could release a howto guide. If someone gets it to work.

There are a lot of users who don’t use email from Hestia at all or only install Exim so the use base is lower.

Due to the rise of “Google workspace” / Exchange and other software the need for hosting your own email is decreasing. And the increased issues for sending email a lot of users don’t care of it.

Most of the team has already switched to an exchange or an other solution. If somebody wants to create an tutorial please go ahead no issues with it.

Maybe this could work how ever not tested…
https://www.benhup.com/freebsd/sieve-mail-filter-and-vacation-notice-in-roundcube-webmail/

No, I tried copying a skin and it just didn’t work well. I’m not a css person so have no idea where to start.

Really! I can’t see that.

My whole point was this if Hestia plans on doing this, they should be aware that the upgrade will break any users current managesieve install. I thought it was only fair they should know before they upgrade to what they will believe is stable.

My other choice was to use ISPConfig as a CP. Iv’e been through their forum and haven’t found any of the “go find help elsewhere” nonsense. Likewise with VestaCP and MyVesta. So my question is why is it so wrong to expect that the developers, that put Hestia together (with it’s now eccentricities) (and users that are already familiar with it, seem so adverse to helping?

My whole point was this if Hestia plans on doing this, they should be aware that the upgrade will break any users current managesieve install. I thought it was only fair they should know before they upgrade to what they will believe is stable.

No it will not it will be a manual install. Not done by use but called by the administrator.

My other choice was to use ISPConfig as a CP. Iv’e been through their forum and haven’t found any of the “go find help elsewhere” nonsense. Likewise with VestaCP and MyVesta. So my question is why is it so wrong to expect that the developers, that put Hestia together (with it’s now eccentricities) (and users that are already familiar with it, seem so adverse to helping?

We depend on support from 3rd parties. If we had actively supported it we will deliver any support for it but no body in the team never used it.

But if you checked the last version (That we will install)

You will see that there is already an theme for it available…

Our user base isn’t that great and if you see the activity on the forum there are maybe few active posters…

I am not able to help but maybe I can point in the right direction. Roundcube + Dovecote is an system used by other systems…

1 Like

Just to clarify:

I can confirm that aswell from a lot of my customers.

The (auto) upgrade will not break anything, because we do not touch roundcube. Rouncube will need a manual trigger of the upgrade process which will be placed in $HESTIA/upgrade/manual, if you use custom implementations, it is in your responsibility to verify them on a non productive system first. We can’t take over that part from hestia side.

In that case, it’s easy to answer: Because it isnt a hestia issue, it is a roundcube one. Would be the same thing like you would ask your car mechanic to repair your fridge :slight_smile:.

Huh. I searched high and low and never found that theme for managesieve. When I downloaded roundcube 1.4.10, that directory is empty. Thank you so much!

Any update as to when Roundcube will be updated with HestiaCP? I checked on my HestiaCP install and I have Roundcube v 1.3.15 and it does not include the “Elastic” theme.

Thanks

With the release of hestia 1.4.0 - currently alpha test build is in work.

1 Like

Thank you ScIT. I would be interested what others in the community think should be the default theme? I would naturally vote for Elastic if it wasn’t the default theme.

Default skin is Elastic. (From Roundcube) How ever it may still be changed to Larry if needed

2 Likes

I like the theme because it works properly with mobile devices. The issue I had is that I downloaded the version directly from Roundcube about 2 months ago and it did not include the theme for managesieve. Thanks to this forum, someone found it for me, and all is good now.

1 Like