[~SOLVED] All users can access all databases (mariadb)

Hi, we are running vesta 1.7.2 over Ubuntu 20.04 (x86_64) and since a day or two all users can view all databases ¿?¿?

From Hestia Control Panel, they only see their own databases, but when they log via phpmyadmin or console, they can access all databases across all users…¿?¿?

The history, it’s a little bit longer…
Up to a week ago, many users, when creating databases they “reused” their database user, so, with one user they could access all their databases. And Hestia allowed that. But around a week ago, many users reported that now they had an error when doing that.

I didn’t know that they were doing that, and I told them that what they think was a feature, was a bug and Hestia team solved it :-D, because, as far as I know, usually, this kind of web-panels sets 1 user per database. No problem on that.

But now they can see all databases ¿?¿?

I’m not the only admin, so I can’t say it’s Hestia problem, because I’m not sure about what someone else did…

So, do you know where could I start to look for ideas on how to fix that?

We have another problem with nginx that says “too many file opens” , I think it’s not related to that…

Thanks!

• Ermengol *

The user should only be able to see the database that it is assigned and nothing more. This behaviour shouldn’t be changed…

Unless the login as mysql root…

I know :smiley: and “theoretically” no one has changed it. That’s the problem.

Well…
We have removed all the web domains, and now there is not “too many files open” error, and, I don’t know why,.users only see their databases… ¿?¿?

I’m trying to reproduce the problem with no luck… so … thanks for your attentions, and that’s all :rofl:

• Ermengol *