Strange subdomain

I created the a subdomain on Hestia CP.

However the subdomain didn’t show up on Hestia CP. But the file manager shows that the folder was created. The folder could not be deleted using the file manager.

There is also no .conf file for the subdomain in

/etc/nginx/conf.d/domains/

The subfolders and files also can’t be deleted

You won’t be able to remove dirs using file manager neither inside /home/USER/web/ nor /home/USER/web/DOMAIN/

If you want to remove the dir and the sub domain is not shown in HestiaCP, then you should remove the dir manually with root user.

Anyway, it is really strange, did you get any error when creating the subdomain?

Using terminal and user root, what is the output of this command (replace sub.example.net by the actual subdomain)?

v-search-object sub.example.net

I didn’t pay attention when creating the domain. It had never happened before.

I got the following output

/usr/local/hestia/conf/hestia.conf: line 16: “DNS_SYSTEM=‘bind9’”: command not found
/usr/local/hestia/func/main.sh: line 1582: declare: `“DNS_SYSTEM=‘bind9’”': not a valid identifier /usr/local/hestia/func/main.sh: line 1582: declare: `“DNS_SYSTEM=‘bind9’”‘: not a valid identifier
/usr/local/hestia/func/main.sh: line 1582: declare: `“DNS_SYSTEM=‘bind9’”’: not a valid identifier
USER TYPE KEY RESULT ALIAS

OK. Managed to remove the dir. It is no longer showing up in file manager. Thank you.

Looks like you or something modified hestia.conf file and added wrong quotes to variable DNS_SYSTEM.

Show the output of this command:

grep DNS_SYSTEM /usr/local/hestia/conf/hestia.conf

I don’t have a dns system installed. I’m using cloudflare dns

This is the output

“DNS_SYSTEM=‘bind9’”

Ok, that’s wrong, that variable shouldn’t be enclosed by double quotes. Also, if you didn’t install bind9 when installing Hestia, how that variable appeared in the conf file and why it is enclosed by double quotes?

Remove that variable from hestia.conf file.

This is in hestia.conf.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 064200

Should I remove the line

“DNS_SYSTEM=‘bind9’”

Yes, you should remove it.

I’ve removed it. Thanks for walking me thru all that

You are welcome but it is really weird that the variable was in hestia.conf and worst, using wrong curly single and double quotes…