Testing Ubuntu 20.04

Ubuntu 20.04 isnt released yet, if you want to test it, please use the official way over compiling the own deb packages. You can even run the installer from master, followed by a v-update-sys-hestia-git master and you would basicly get a working system.

Infact this is not the target at all - because you would also have to include the latest changes for filemanager in combination with hestia-php.

tl;dr: Just use the proposed way of installation for the testing build - Hestia deb packages

It does not work with the clean ubuntu 20.04 server…

“It does not work” isnt realy enough information to give you a proper answer :slight_smile: - but maybe you want to share additional informations with us, just tested a fresh installation yesterday due to our mpm_event changes and all was working perfectly.

meant this instruction
installation aborted
probably the instruction is not complete

And you didnt read the information message in a bright yellow that appears and leads you to the next steps that have changed during the time since @eris posted it?

See Hestia deb packages

1 Like

Any ETA on when will the new packge be release that’s fully support 20.04?

Cheers

No, not yet… We are currently testing all the features and improvements

2 Likes

So it was installed without problems. Everything that I tried on the test server (Ryzen 3950x 128G) so far works without errors (web, DB, DNS, Mail). Perhaps a release soon? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to hear this @dao , our tests also are succesful.
I could not reproduce @merotorg issue with iptables paths, but i’ve tested only on clean ubuntu install

Maybe, this bug was already fixed…
Is there any known bugs left for 20.20?

For 20.04, there is currently no known bug left (that wouldnt be in our github issue list).

Did a upgrade last night from 18.04 to 20.04 but I had some issues

root@cp:/sbin# ln -s /usr/sbin/iptables /sbin/iptables
root@cp:/sbin# ln -s /usr/sbin/iptables-save /sbin/iptables-save
root@cp:/sbin# ln -s /usr/sbin/iptables-restore /sbin/iptables-restore

Solved my errors please check which -a iptables-save

Yes, I upgraded from 18.04 to 20.04. How did you solved iptables problem?

which -a iptables-save

/usr/sbin/iptables-save

ln -s /usr/sbin/iptables /sbin/iptables
ln -s /usr/sbin/iptables-save /sbin/iptables-save
ln -s /usr/sbin/iptables-restore /sbin/iptables-restore

It will create a symbolic link from /sbin/ to /usr/sbin for iptables, save and restore

Yes, made links and now IPtables is not greyed out.
I can stop and start it, but restart fails with error message
““Restart” “” failed”

Run via command

Try to run the command from command line

v-restart-service iptables

To check the output

I have currently no issues with it

Blockquote

v-restart-service iptables

/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-stop-firewall: line 73: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-stop-firewall: line 74: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-stop-firewall: line 75: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-stop-firewall: line 76: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-stop-firewall: line 77: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-stop-firewall: line 78: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-stop-firewall: line 79: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘/usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks’: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 180: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 181: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 182: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 183: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 184: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 185: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 186: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 187: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
/usr/local/hestia/bin/v-update-firewall: line 188: /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘/usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/50-ifup-hooks’: No such file or directory
Error: ERROR: Restart of iptables failed.

Blockquote

Please check if /usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/ exists

Checked it does not exist.

test -d “/usr/lib/networkd-dispatcher/routable.d/” && echo “exist” || echo “Nope”

Nope