The page isn’t redirecting properly

Hello,

First time user, first time Hestia install. Installation went smooth. Following a tutorial - I logged in, added new user, added new website, added website to Cloudflare as well, installed Wordpress with Quick Install App, so far so good.
When I try to open the website though I get this:

An error occurred during a connection to www.pixelangelo.art.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

I am sure the cookies are not the problem even though I am just a regular user and not really computer savvy. Can you guys give me a hint what to do?

Disable Proxy in Cloudflare and request an ssl certificate and then reenable it…

Just did it, still the same.
What I did:

• disabled all proxies in Cloudflare, for all types of DNS records
  • disabled SSL in HestiaCP for that specific domain, then requested a new one
  • reenabled all DNS proxies in Cloudflare

Screenshot_20221121_222927

Screenshots of my current settings after what I did.

go to full strict and try again

Switched to Full strict - this is the result.

whats my.domain.tld? Have you added it to the alias list? You’ve sent a screenshot above with an active lets encrypt cert and redirect to www.domain.tld. Probaly remove that www redirect aswell

this is where Hestia is installed.

Yes

I removed the redirection and it worked :slight_smile:
As I said in my initial post - I am not very computer savvy and I did everything according to a YouTube tutorial which seems to be a little off.

Now the subdomains are not working :robot:

switch back to full or generate valid certs

Just did it. Still not working.
Subdomain in question - webmail.domain.tld

Webmail subdomain started to work out of the blue without me doing anything.
I can login and it is all good, sent e-mail to @gmail address - not received as of now.
Cannot receive e-mails from other domains either:

The response from the remote server was:
554 5.7.1 [email protected]: Relay access denied

Disable proxy for mail.domain.com

Good Day.

I just woke up and tried to do what you suggested:

and I did, however all subdomains are currently not working besides the webmail subdomain. I can’t even login to HestiaCP because it is again:

An error occurred during a connection to my.domain.tld

Last night at least the HestiaCP was functioning when I went to bed and now it is not working with no interevention on my part. Mails are not being sent or received trough webmail too. Besides the installation, which went very smooth, nothing else worked for me.
And I think at this point I am just going to delete it. The hassle is not worth it, at least for a person like me.

The idea of HestiaCP is great, but is not functional, it is not working as intended.

Best regards and thanks for all the support.

Why don’t you just hestia without cloudflare?

Hestia works fine behind Cloudflare, but it is a lot easier to manage when one has a solid grasp on all of the components. Understanding how they all fit together can seem complex and overwhelming at first.

Pausing Cloudflare and getting everything working properly before adding the Cloudflare proxy into the mix is highly recommended.

Using Cloudflare Origin CA certificates or making sure you have appropriate Let’s Encrypt renewal rules in your Cloudflare configuration is important to keeping your traffic secure between Cloudflare and you Hestia CP server.

2 Likes