Tips to improve your dashboard

I send you some suggestions and problems that I have seen when installing / using your panel.

• It would be good if phpmyadmin.domain…com works the same as webmail.domain…com does, now you have to access through https://www.domain…com/phpmyadmin

• It would be interesting that aliases can be put to the ssl mail certs of each domain. Also that you can choose SSL from a domain for the hosting panel, which can be done from the panel itself and not from a terminal. In VestaCP you could choose and you didn’t have to use a terminal.

• That a new section of whitelist and spam list can be created to add domains from the panel, it is also possible to edit the dnsbl and have more control over spamassassin either general or by domains.

• The installation from debian gives an apt upgrade error, you have to repeat the installation by doing an apt upgrade first so that you can continue the installation.

• By default, add these lines in fail2ban, I think they are not included …

failregex =

^% (pid) s (plain | login) authenticator failed for (\ S +)? \ (\ S + \) \ [<HOST> \]: 535 Incorrect authentication data (\ (set_id =. * \) |: \ d + Time \ (s \))? \ S * $
        ^% (pid) s SMTP call from \ S + \ [<HOST> \] (: \ d +)? (I = \ [\ S + \]: \ d +)? Dropped: too many nonmail commands \ (last was "\ S +" \) \ s * $
  • A forum in Spanish

• That roundcube could also put the autoresponder

• That roundcube by default the Elastic theme was activated

It would be nice if you could tell me if any of my ideas will be applied and when, as well as how I will be able to change them in an already installed panel.

• It would be good if phpmyadmin.domain…com works the same as webmail.domain…com does, now you have to access through https://www.domain…com/phpmyadmin

Would be possible how ever many of the current users try to access how ever could cause issues with current / new users as an dns record is required…

• It would be interesting that aliases can be put to the ssl mail certs of each domain. Also that you can choose SSL from a domain for the hosting panel, which can be done from the panel itself and not from a terminal. In VestaCP you could choose and you didn’t have to use a terminal.

Nice idea please create a feature request for it. Or if you are able to create a pull request.

• That a new section of whitelist and spam list can be created to add domains from the panel, it is also possible to edit the dnsbl and have more control over spamassassin either general or by domains.

Nice idea how ever we have limited of time feel free to create pull request…

• The installation from debian gives an apt upgrade error, you have to repeat the installation by doing an apt upgrade first so that you can continue the installation.

There are some changes made regarding install issues in 1.3.0

• By default, add these lines in fail2ban, I think they are not included …

failregex =

^% (pid) s (plain | login) authenticator failed for (\ S +)? \ (\ S + \) \ [<HOST> \]: 535 Incorrect authentication data (\ (set_id =. * \) |: \ d + Time \ (s \))? \ S * $
        ^% (pid) s SMTP call from \ S + \ [<HOST> \] (: \ d +)? (I = \ [\ S + \]: \ d 

Please check https://github.com/hestiacp/hestiacp/blob/main/install/deb/fail2ban/filter.d/hestia.conf

• A forum in Spanish

For the team of Hestia can’t support at the moment not in any other language except English. This is due to lack of resources…

• That roundcube could also put the autoresponder
  • That roundcube by default the Elastic theme was activated

Elastic theme is in the planning however the default packages of Ubuntu 16 doesn’t support it yet…

Nice idea how ever we have limited of time feel free to create pull request…

I don’t know what steps I have to follow to add these suggestions through the correct channel, can you tell me and so I will propose them again … or will you do it?

my english is very bad, sorry

You can create a issue here:

For contributing please read

2 Likes

It would also be good to recover the section of logs / errors that vestacp had, could it be possible?

It should be still there

https://server.domain.com:8083/list/log/

1 Like

I have also had this issue with Debian 10. It was to do with existing installations of either Exim or MariaDB (cant remember which one anymore). Purging these packages and their dependencies allowed me to install Hestia without issue (first time).

I am not referring to those in the panel, but to the error logs of each domain that I can see error from apache and other services on each user.
This is very useful to see why a website fails for example. In vestacp this.

It would be nice if the installation script itself did it automatically so that the user does not give up installing this panel, it almost happened to me
People who come from vestacp and CentOS can see that they do not trust if they see that the new installation already fails and they do not know why or what to do.

Click on the binoculars next to the edit domain pencil

1 Like