Unable to access the admin panel via cloudflare getting error unsupported protocol

i am unable to access the control panel via cloudflare . everything is working if i use ip:port to access the control panel.
i have added cloudflare root cert to ca-certificates and updated
i have added cloudflare origin ceritificate.
i have setup SSL/TLS encryption mode is Full (strict)
i am able to access via https://ip:port and could verify ssl cert to be CloudFlare Origin Certificate.
using port 2083.

bash hst-install.sh --apache no --phpfpm yes --multiphp no --vsftpd yes --proftpd no --named yes --mysql yes --mysql-classic no --postgresql no --exim no --dovecot no --sieve no --clamav no --spamassassin no --iptables yes --fail2ban yes --quota no --api no --interactive yes --with-debs no  --port '2083' --hostname 'hestiacp.xyz.example.tld' --email '[email protected]' --password 'password' --lang 'en'   

still getting error

This site can’t provide a secure connection

hestiacp.xyz.example.tld uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Unsupported protocol
The client and server don’t support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.

any soluton to this problem would be helpful.

Did you change the port to one supported by Cloudflare or are you using the default port set by Hestia? I’m partial to 2083.

i am using port 2083 only

1 Like

You have too many subdomains to use with Cloudflare Universal SSL. Review item 5 in the Cloudflare Community tutorial on ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH.

hestia.example.com will work where hesta.server.example.com will not.

https://community.cloudflare.com/t/community-tip-fixing-err-ssl-version-or-cipher-mismatch-in-google-chrome/42162

change your port, default Hestia port is blocked by Cloudflare

1 Like

Your recommendation is correct, however OP already did that.

1 Like

My problem was solved by your solution, but I do have a question. I host my cp at 1.2.3.4:2083 and have pointed my domain, hestiacp.example.com, to that ip. I am sucessfully able to access the control panel via hestiacp.example. tld:2083. The funny part now comes. I’ve used hestiacp to host three websites, including qwerty.com, xyz.com, and abc.com. When I try to access abc.com, the related website opens without a problem, but when I try to access abc.com:2083, the control panel website loads instead. The other websites are experiencing the same issue. how can this be stopped from happening?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.