Unable to load GMP module

I just install Nextcloud by HestiaCP one-click install. And it reminds me that server is lacks of GMP module.

I am using apt install php-gmp to install the module on Ubuntu 20.04. And it goes right.

But when I running php -m, the module list would not contains GMP. I went to Hestia panel to edit php.ini, enable extension=gmp, then running php -m, and it returns:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'gmp' (tried: /usr/lib/php/20200930/gmp (/usr/lib/php/20200930/gmp: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/20200930/gmp.so (/usr/lib/php/20200930/gmp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

I also tried to install APCu module, and it active without any problem.

Could anyone helps me to figure out why the module can’t be load properly?

And there is another little question, why server can’t dected 23.0.0 the latest version?

No idea about that one, never used.

What do you mean, version 23.0.0 of what?

The newest stable version of NextCloud is 23.0.0. HestiaCP will install 22.2.0 by one-click, then user can upgrade to 22.2.3. Then, the update checker would not find the next update.
I think this might be a NextCloud side problem. Since many people met this.

I know there are more problems with Nextcloud due to changes and the descission for MariaDB to stop supporting write compressed write actions to DB.

For PHP it self we use the default PHP install provided deb.sury.org so if there is an issue it is possible there…

This problem is solved by install php8.0-gmp but not only php-gmp.
It’s quite …stupid I think.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.