Unable to receive emails in webmail (roundcube), I am using Brevo for SMTP relay

Dear Friends,

I can send emails from my email address created on hestiacp for my domain and the brevo SMTP relay is used but I cannot receive the emails.

I sent an email to my gmail address and I can receive it and I replied using the same gmail account but I cannot receive the email.

I did this previously with other domains and they were working but now on a new domain it’s not working.

Please help…

Check /var/log/exim4/mainlog

Around the same time you replied on your email…

Where to check this one? I mean on hestiacp file manager or ubuntu or somewhere else?

I don’t know much about web hosting, please give some more details…

Using HestiaCP does not replace the need to know how to administer az Linux server.

However, since you asked nicely…

1 Like

Login with ssh …

1 Like

2024-02-04_02-44-31

“Failed to read config, exiting”

still cannot receive the email, please help…

tail -f -s0.1 /var/log/exim4/mainlog

2024-02-04_04-18-10

Got this bro…

I am getting this message every few hours in my gmail that says " The response from the remote server was:

550 Rejected because 209.85.222.169 is in a black list at zen.spamhaus.org Error: excess volume; https://check.spamhaus.org/returnc/vol/140.204.50.41/"

I am now following these instructions on the page. Am I right?

This solved my problem… Thank you so much @eris for your help buddy…

i used it too by chance i was here and it worked Nick

1 Like

Use an SMTP relay . The IP is blacklisted not your domain…

Hi @msreddy,

Next time don’t remove it, just change the perms:

chown -R hestiamail:www-data /etc/roundcube/
find /etc/roundcube/ -type f -iname "*php" -exec chmod 640 {} \;
chown -R hestiamail:www-data /var/lib/roundcube/
chown -R hestiamail:www-data /var/log/roundcube/

As @eris said, spamhaus doesn’t block domains, only ips, anyways, the blacklisted ip shown in your log is not yours, is from gmail and that means that you are using a public resolver like 1.1.1.1 in your server to resolve dns queries and spamhaus doesn’t allow it.

Take a look to this Rejected because [ip] is in black list at zen.spamhaus.org

Or you can change your server to use other public resolver, as far as I know spamhaus doesn’t block google dns resolver 8.8.8.8 (at least not yet).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.